• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Merit listed for regular infantry -- can I switch to reserves infantry easily?

petercushing

Inactive
Reaction score
Will there be much of a process? I read here you have to redo your interview, medical, and such again.
I switched from officer to infantry. And the Petty Officer I spoke to thought I was reserves at first(I just left the open as undecided) but then I went for regular. So switching again now will be the third time but not switching trades.

How much will my application be delayed by again? Or will it be fairly simple?

It seems like it is a last minute sort of thing but a lot of stuff has been coming up where it might be better to go part-time
at this point as a Reservist.

I am still thinking this over of course.

Talk to your recruiter as soon as possible. But before you pick up that phone, know what your final decision is. Files don't switch back and forth with the press of a button, each path consumes effort and work by someone, and that's wasted when you can't make up your mind.

Michael O'Leary said:
Talk to your recruiter as soon as possible. But before you pick up that phone, know what your final decision is. Files don't switch back and forth with the press of a button, each path consumes effort and work by someone, and that's wasted when you can't make up your mind.

:goodpost:

If you decide to switch from Regular to Reserve (Part-Time), you must first get in contact with your local Reserve Force units to see if they are hiring.  It's two different worlds, so choose carefully........

My advice.....if you are looking for and want a "career" with the Armed Forces, then stick with Regular Force.

Perhaps better to stay committed to regular force Infantry at this point in time occupation-wise.

Back