• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Meet and Greet St. John's!

Mike Baker

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
Well, since everyone else is getting into the grove :D

For me, some time in the spring would be the best, though the winter could work. But, without a whole lot of support for this idea, I'll put it on the shelf for some other time. So, for all of you in Town or can get there, are you willing to go to a M&G?

FYI, this post is not saying that there will be a M&G in St. John's, just putting the idea out there. ;)

Oh come on! There has to be at least one person thinking about it?

Mike Baker said:
Well, since everyone else is getting into the grove

Maybe everyone is just trying to figure out where this grove is.  Last time I looked, the weather on the rock wasn't very suitable for growing oranges....  ;)

The spell check told me I was right  :-[ I think I meant groove  ;)

Mike Baker said:

Holy Batsh*t.  Did you ever see 2001?  HAL the computer told the Astronauts that it was right for them to go out of the spaceship and leave him in charge and they believed him.  How'd that work out for them?

Here's a hint - sound the word out...  it's not like you are spelling "narcissisms"

Mike Baker said:

Spell check told you that grove was typed correctly, not if it was the right word.

grove      /groʊv/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[grohv] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. a small wood or forested area, usually with no undergrowth: a grove of pines.
2. a small orchard or stand of fruit-bearing trees, esp. citrus trees: a grove of lemon trees.
[Origin: bef. 900; ME; OE grāf]

—Related forms
groved, adjective
groveless, adjective

—Synonyms 1. See forest.
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.

Sorry that I can't give you a real response, trust me if I could go I would come. Be patient (the Rock isn't exactly a big centre of population) and I'm sure some people will latch on to your idea.

If I lived in St. John's I'd come too! Good luck with your Meet and Greet Mike Baker, have one for me!  :cheers:

Me too; if I was back home in Pouch Cove, it'd be a blast somewhere on George Street (or Irwin's Pub if it's still open - showin' my age again!)  :cheers:

xo31@711ret said:
Me too; if I was back home in Pouch Cove, it'd be a blast somewhere on George Street (or Irwin's Pub if it's still open - showin' my age again!)  :cheers:
Of course, I would have to drink milk  ;)

D Squared said:
Lard lifftin'
Mike Baker may actually make it to a Meet & Greet, BY'S  ;) 
:D ;) Well, seeing that I have to go in town some time soon. As they say, 'When in Rome'  ;D

Have fun Mike (and I know everyone will have fun because you're there!)

If sometime in the near future, this actually happens, count me in! And yes, there will be milk and redbull for everyone on me  ;)

Redbull .......

2.gif

when would this event take place?? I'm in gagetown, but might be convinced to come out....

I'm heading back to Ontario for the month of December, but anytime before or after would be good.

Back