• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Meet and Greet in Gagetown?

vonGarvin

Army.ca Legend
Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone thought of one of these?  I mean, due to all the courses going on here and all those posting about coming here for CAP, etc, why not?  (Not that I could attend, but even so, kinda feel left out)  :crybaby:

I would definitely be interested in a Meet -n- Greet in Gagetown this summer schedule permitting, of course. 

That being said, I am more interested in a FreddieBeach meet-n-greet, than Gagetown literally!!!  :D

We have had a successful meeting once or twice at Griffiths at the Canex in the last couple of years.  If done on a reasonable night most Staff or Augmentees to the Schools and Base Pers can make it.  Students on Crse have a bit more of a problem.  This summer should be a reasonably good year for Army.ca turn out at the Schools.

Do we all have to dress the same ?

Are non-issued civilian clothes  allowed ?

;D

I'll have to see Armyvern about getting some issued then.  I am sure that she will be able to bring a Triwall to the bar so the rest of us can be issued some civie clothes too. 

In all seriousness, we *could* make this a Frency's night.  Did that on my Phase III grad party.  I went as a generic member of the Rolling Stones.  I had a wig, the clothes, EVERYTHING.  Heck, the barmaid thought my hair was mine :D

For those that don't know, Frenchy's is a used clothing outlet.  You go there (maximum spending amount: 20 bucks) and outfit yourself.  The more plaid, the better.  It's a hoot!  Then we go to Griffin's and get tanked :D

Now we are talking, Von Garvin!!!

... and the funky clothes don't preclude a trip to Fredericton, it just makes it that much more interesting! 8)

scoutfinch said:
Now we are talking, Von Garvin!!!

... and the funky clothes don't preclude a trip to Fredericton, it just makes it that much more interesting! 8)
And, you must know, by Gagetown, I certainly don't mean "village of" or "Combat Training Centre".  Oromocto (or Freddy) would do fine.

Then there's St John.

:D

The Three Mile!!! I almost remember that place... it was a VERY good night.

You guys time things right in July and I'll be able to make what with Pre Dep leave.... keep me posted guys I would love to swing on by, I'll be in NS for 2 weeks anyway and it's only 4 hours from where I saty to Freddy and I would make the drive.

HitorMiss said:
You guys time thins right in July and I'll be able to make what with Pre Dep leave.... keep me posted guys I would love to swing on by, I'll be in NS for 2 weeks anyway and it's only 4 hours from where I saty to Freddy and I would make the drive.

When are you in NS because we are tentatively planning a Halifax RV?

Not sure dates as they havent given us any more info other then we leave in August and take Pre Dep leave in July, I figure well get 30+ days with 14 Dre Dep and the rest Annual...I will keep all posted as I would like to see a few of you people before I take off (not that Von Garvin fellow though I hear bad things about him....Mortar guy's they aren't right)

sounds like a plan!  F'ton would be good or Oromocto (now that they have a good motel).  A base tour would be a good idea for those of us who haven't been there in a while!

HitorMiss said:
(not that Von Garvin fellow though I hear bad things about him....Mortar guy's they aren't right)

What?  I can't hear you!?!?!  Your heels weren't together and the wind rushing through deafened me

(Ain't nothing wrong with mortar guys!)  :D

Well, maybe NOW there is, now that Herbies have them  :crybaby:

vonGarvin said:
What?  I can't hear you!?!?!  Your heels weren't together and the wind rushing through deafened me

YES Sir....Sorry Sir...Wont Happen Again Sir...

Can I fetch your water Sir???...Make your Bed Sir???

;)

HitorMiss said:
YES Sir....Sorry Sir...Wont Happen Again Sir...
Can I fetch your water Sir???...Make your Bed Sir???
;)
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl:

VonGarvin, you would actually let HoM near your bed?  ;D

hmmmm... pea.... good question.  Let's await an answer, shall we?

Back