• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Medical Take #2

Heavy_Duty391 said:
some do some don't, depending on how the recruiting center operate.   They might only send you a letter if they need more info....
So check out with your recruiting center.

Medical letters are only sent out if they need more info or you don't meet the medical standards.

kincanucks said:
Medical letters are only sent out if they need more info or you don't meet the medical standards.

That's what I thought too, (and was told).  But I got a letter a couple of months ago saying that  "after reviewing the information supplied by you and Dr ***** (my family doctor), .... you do meet the common enrollment standard of the Canadian Forces.....

I was shaking in my boots when the letter came in the mail because, as is suspected in the above posts, they only mail you the bad news.  But it was infact a good letter telling me that my medical nightmare was over.

QY Rang said:
That's what I thought too, (and was told).   But I got a letter a couple of months ago saying that   "after reviewing the information supplied by you and Dr ***** (my family doctor), .... you do meet the common enrollment standard of the Canadian Forces.....

I was shaking in my boots when the letter came in the mail because, as is suspected in the above posts, they only mail you the bad news.   But it was infact a good letter telling me that my medical nightmare was over.

You are right I forgot about that letter.

Well, its will be six weeks on Thursday since my medical was sent off.  According the recruiting centre, its still over at Borden.

BDTyre said:
Well, its will be six weeks on Thursday since my medical was sent off.   According the recruiting centre, its still over at Borden.

If you needed to provide info then it usually takes longer than 4-6 weeks to come back.

I'm in the midst of a 6 week medical review for microhematuria.  I have an appointment in 3 months for an ultrasound.  Looks like I wont be going as soon as I hoped  :-\

Back