• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Medical on tuesday - Need help

Well, I was honest and everything worked out. The Lieutenant could tell that smoking weed is not in my character.
Apparently, I scored very high on the aptitude as well and no problems with the medical. So, I've been deemed suitable and eligible. Only problem now is that I'm a couple grand in debt and they need proof that I'm going to pay it or something? Time to find a temporary job I guess.
Thank you again for helping me make the right decision before going in, guys. I appreciate it a lot.
Take care
-Andrew

I don't believe that you are asked to disclose drug use during your medical.  At least, they didn't when I was joining.
They do, however, during your interview.

I was in the same boat about 10 years ago, when I was joining the Army Reserves Co-op Program.  It was September, and I had experimented with Marijuana over the summer.  I was sweating bullets over the urine test.  I even drank one of those Tommy Chong cleansing drinks.  As it turned out, it wasn't even a drug test.

I sung like a canary during the interview, and admitted everything.  They told me that they appreciated my honesty, gave me a lecture about drug use, and accepted me in the end. 

Looking back now, although there was no way they would have really known had I chosen to lie, I'm glad that I did the right thing. 

EDIT:  Looks like I cross posted with you.  I'm glad that you chose to answer honestly.

Jaydub said:
I don't believe that you are asked to disclose drug use during your medical.  At least, they didn't when I was joining.

Obviously I didn't do your medical, because I ask everyone - even serving members.  It's part of a proper history.

MM

medicineman said:
Obviously I didn't do your medical, because I ask everyone - even serving members.  It's part of a proper history.

MM

Hmm.  Well, it's possible that they may have.  I just don't recall.

I *believe* the person that got me to fill out the alcohol/drug papers handed it to the doctor as I went into his office, and he had it in front of him during the exam.

This was in 2007 so I may be off, but I don't remember him specifically asking, but I was under the impression that it was because he had all he needed to know in front of him.

MM, do you normally have that form in front of you anyway, so might not be required to ask if any drug/alcohol is rather non-existent?

ebosiam said:
Well, I was honest and everything worked out. The Lieutenant could tell that smoking weed is not in my character.
Apparently, I scored very high on the aptitude as well and no problems with the medical. So, I've been deemed suitable and eligible. Only problem now is that I'm a couple grand in debt and they need proof that I'm going to pay it or something? Time to find a temporary job I guess.
Thank you again for helping me make the right decision before going in, guys. I appreciate it a lot.
Take care
-Andrew

Are you talking about the credit check?

So using Stacked's example,

By choosing to do what you have done and admitting to it. You have put additional hoops through you for every stage of the process. You must accept your error buy jumping through those hoops. Provids a clear example of the phrase: "Your hooped".  ;)

This does not necessarily mean you will be denied, as shown by so many examples above but you must acknowledge the error and work that much harder through the process to prove yourself.

This year when I applied after the aptitude test we had to fill out sheets. Had used Magic Mushrooms (3) times and Casually smoked Marijuana, I was so nervous filling out the forms. It never came up in my medical, but it came up in my interview. I'm glad I was honest, because now i don't have to ever worrying "What if they find out?" I haven't been accepted yet either, but i'd highly recommend being honest.

runormal said:
This year when I applied after the aptitude test we had to fill out sheets. Had used Magic Mushrooms (3) times and Casually smoked Marijuana, I was so nervous filling out the forms. It never came up in my medical, but it came up in my interview. I'm glad I was honest, because now i don't have to ever worrying "What if they find out?" I haven't been accepted yet either, but i'd highly recommend being honest.

I just filled out that drug form last week and was honest for a lot more than that! LOL I was a wild hippie raver chick in my teens and 20's and tried more than a few different drugs, dancing until the sunrise etc.  And they still called me to come in for my interview this week.  So as long as you are not still doing drugs, and won't again, they won't punish us for being honest.

Back