• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Medical exam - What do they look for on the skin part of the test?

Yrys said:
Remember, Celticgir is the "puritain" here ;) 
1.gif
!

I prefer the term "goody two shoes", actually.  ;D

I am sorry but I have another question about medical history. My parents died when I was still quite young and I don't know the details of their death. My relatives know who and where I am, but I have no information about them. Is this a concern when I fill out my family medical history?

Hi Kruggle; i did an ROTP medical today; yes, we ask about your closest kin: parents, grandparents, siblings: how their health is and if deceased, how old and of what. But from just my own experience from doing medicals at CFRC since 02, I have yet to see anyone seroiusly questioned about possible inherited medical concerns. What happens if you were adopted? would you be turned down because of an unknown past medical history?
We are more concerned with for example , metabolic syndrome: eg an 16 year 300lb inactive individaul with a blood presssure of 140/100; high cholesterol; waist cricumference of 120cm etc (and yes I have seen this).......well, it seems we use to be concerned.

ArmyVern said:
He was only using that description as a hypothetical example J.

Mmm, I was fool by his "yes, I have seen this"  :-X !

This was a few years back when i was still regs working out of 'freddytown' at a remote location somewhere in the maritimes. Individual had all indicators of 'metabolic syndrome' as described: high blood pressure; obese (didn't register on my weigh scale); waist crcumference somewhere like 115cm for an under 20 year old individual. Person was well meaning and wanted to join the combat arms to serve and get in shape at the same time...lipid profile (cholesterol) was ordered - results were high; glucose testing (for possible diabetes) ordered with results for indication of pre-diabetes.
..but, then we also had PT testing done at recruiting...

ArmyVern said:
Wes,

She's saying it's a good sign that she had to ask what they were.

You do need the CDS down there to sort you out.  >:D

Sorry CG, long day :) - excuse my thickness.

Hey Vern, the CDS would love it here, and by his perforance there, would be a valued asset to the ADF!

they also look for varicose veins. In general, your skin is a good projection of your overall heath. It shows it you have water retention or certain types of skin diseases.

Back