• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

May CPGear Contest: New Subscribers

Mike Bobbitt

Administrator
Staff member
Owner
Directing Staff
Reaction score
Folks,

We're going back to the original contest idea this month. The CPGear $80 gift certificate will be given to a randomly selected new subscriber this month. Last month there were only 2 new subscribers, so far there are none so anyone interesting in becoming a subscriber has a very good chance of winning the gift certificate.

For $30, you get a shirt or hat, a Milnet coin and special privileges here at Milnet.ca (see the Subscription page for full details). Plus you get a chance to win an $80 gift certificte from CPGear so you could actually turn a profit!

Cheers
Mike

Well, Mike, I'd love to be able to subscribe right now, however... Current funding is going to the following:

$30 so I can stand on stage and receive my own diploma during graduation
$40 for 2x tickets to the prom *grumbles* (might have to make a duct tape tux to save rental fees)
$60 to book a seating to have a graduation photo taken
$10 fee to rent a grad gown
$10 fee to wear the friggin rented gown
$50 for a yearbook (I've never bought a yearbook before, but seeing how this is my final year, I figured I'd pick one up)

I'm going to have to start charging an extra quarter for my dances on the street corners to afford this.  ::)

Midget

There is 1 thing that seem excessive in that list :

uncle-midget-boyd said:

Digital pictures taken by friends would be more personal, and cost less, maybe just the paper  to print them.
Then you have money for the contest ;)!

But you have forgot a line for "not planned  expenses". There is usually one, when going to something for the first time...

uncle-midget-boyd said:
Well, Mike, I'd love to be able to subscribe right now, however... Current funding is going to the following:

$30 so I can stand on stage and receive my own diploma during graduation
$40 for 2x tickets to the prom *grumbles* (might have to make a duct tape tux to save rental fees)
$10 fee to rent a grad gown
$10 fee to wear the friggin rented gown
$50 for a yearbook (I've never bought a yearbook before, but seeing how this is my final year, I figured I'd pick one up)

I'm going to have to start charging an extra quarter for my dances on the street corners to afford this.  ::)

Midget

Well you forgot the tux rental, corsage for your date  ::), and flowers for your date  ::)

NL_engineer said:
Well you forgot the tux rental, corsage for your date  ::), and flowers for your date  ::)

I receive the corsage think from my date at my graduation ball. I would have find flowers excessive myself,
but nice  :P. You could always ask her what she think of corsage . She may thinks it's "excessive " :)

He will be going into a sweat if we add to much "unplanned items" to his list :)!

Well mike I was going to subscribe last week but basicly this lays it out

Car Crash debt : 400$
Going on stage to get diploma: 30
Pictures for graduation: 150
University: 4000
Cell phone bill : 50

I'm low on cash :(

slowmode said:
Car Crash debt : 400$
Going on stage to get diploma: 30
Pictures for graduation: 150
University: 4000
Cell phone bill : 50

Technically speaking, I think the university line should be what you will pay by week/month. By the way, if you have a loan to reimburse, do it weekly,
or bi-weekly, if your bank will allow it, instead of monthly. You will save on interests. That is why the bank people don't tell you you could do it  :P!

Yrys said:
Technically speaking, I think the university line should be what you will pay by week/month. By the way, if you have a loan to reimburse, do it weekly,
or bi-weekly, if your bank will allow it, instead of monthly. You will save on interests. That is why the bank people don't tell you you could do it  :P!

Well get in there Yrys....

You are on here enough!  Get a chance to win!

dileas

tess

slowmode said:
Okay So I coughed up 30 dollars, I will subscribe asap :)
You? A subscriber?!

What's the world coming to? ;)

For those of you thinking of Subscribing, do it. You get an awesome piece of swag, and get a wicket cool coin! ;D

Cheers
Baker

Baker said:
You? A subscriber?!

What's the world coming to? ;)

For those of you thinking of Subscribing, do it. You get an awesome piece of swag, and get a wicket cool coin! ;D

Cheers
Baker

What is a wicket cool coin????

Rodahn said:
What is a wicket cool coin????

A Coin that will always be cool, even should you get stuck in a sticky wicket.

Now if you have the Coin, you can get out of a sticky wicket.  If you don't have the Coin, it is your Round.  ;D

Hey Mike, does the contest count for those of us who've been away from the site for a while, and are re-subscribing?? I had one of the old army.ca coins, but it got stolen, so I'm going to need a new one....... I'll be re-subscribing on payday.

Or how about a moderator, that was also, and still is a subscriber (I think I am, it is supposed to be automatic...) that has a keen eye for design, and is on here more than CSIS....

:salute: :D :salute:

dileas

tess

George Wallace said:
A Coin that will always be cool, even should you get stuck in a sticky wicket.

Now if you have the Coin, you can get out of a sticky wicket.  If you don't have the Coin, it is your Round.   ;D

Are you per chance referring to the Sticky Wicket bar here in Victoria???

Sigger said:
Throw in a pair of Crocs, and Im in!

You will find more than a few croc(k)s here - crock of shite, crock of BS, crock of fun, crock of knowledge, crock of chaos and at times a crock of trouble.  You will find a few sharks, blades and some self-proclaimed superheroes.  Come on in, the water is not too deep and the price of admission is not too steep.

Back