• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MARS and Naval Combat Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kip_Kiligan

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi, why was MARS removed from the in demand section (it was my second choice) and does anyone know how many spots are available for Naval Combat Systems this year and when would a call be expected because its my first choice.

:facepalm:

Did you think of maybe posing these questions to a Recruiting Centre?

Kip_Kiligan said:
Hi, why was MARS removed from the in demand section (it was my second choice) and does anyone know how many spots are available for Naval Combat Systems this year and when would a call be expected because its my first choice.

Do you have the winning 649 Loto numbers? 

I am sure someone applying for MARS can figure out why an Occupation once "In Demand" is no longer so.  Have you tried giving the CFRC a call to see what the numbers are?  We are not an official CF site, so we do not have access to those numbers unless someone "WikiLeaks" them to us.

I wanted to know your opinions.  I just talked to the recruiters, MARS and Naval Combat Systems are closed

Kip_Kiligan said:
I wanted to know your opinions.  I just talked to the recruiters, MARS and Naval Combat Systems are closed

I'm surprised to hear NCS is closed; it's still listed as in demand/accepting apps on the forces website.

Kip_Kiligan said:

Maybe because the MARS community currently has 750 trainees to deal with...

Sigil said:
I'm surprised to hear NCS is closed; it's still listed as in demand/accepting apps on the forces website.

C'mon, folks...our recruiting people have better things to do than provide up-to-the minute updates on the state of the trades via the recruiting website.  With the likely onslaught of people charging the gates of the recruiting centres on 1 April, it make take a day or two (or -gasp- even a week or longer) to update the website.  If you want a current snapshot, pick up the phone and talk to a human.

yoman said:
Maybe because the MARS community currently has 750 trainees to deal with...

To elaborate for the OP, this is largely due to a back-log in the training system and not so much a lack of a need for these positions.  As the back-log clears, the number of positions available will change based on training system availability and CF need for the occupation.

A second recruiter in Toronto said the positions are closed because enough people have applied and the next step is NOAB in April and July.

Kip_Kiligan said:
A second recruiter in Toronto said the positions are closed because enough people have applied and the next step is NOAB in April and July.

Then you have your answer. Things are full. As much as you desire, the CF does not exist to cater to individuals. Especially those that aren't even finished the recruiting process.

We know the truth hurts, and some may feel that, contrary to what their parents told them, you're just not that special.

'Time waits for no man'

Get used to it. A whole new 'real' world awaits for those with the gumption to go get it.

And we're closed.

Milnet.ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back