• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

March Past Music

• Thread starter Thread starter madchicken
  • Start date Start date
I was referring to the incompetence of the guy who titled the song..

Just to clarify every Element, and Branch of the CF does have its own March Past.

"farmers boy" for the canadian forces medical group :salute:

edit: why does the version of famers boy found here ( http://my.tbaytel.net/tgroulx/marches.htm ) sound so different from the one we play on parade? ALOT more different ???

Eowyn said:
Here is the official publication number.

A-AD-200-000/AG-000   "The Honours, Flags and Heritage Structure of the Canadian Forces"

As far as I'm aware, this isn't available on the internet.

http://www.saskd.ca/heritage.pdf

Here it is!

I've bought recently La bonne chanson a series of traditional French-Canadian songs. I found that many French-Canadian regimental march passes were from the series, including Vive la canadienne for the Royal 22ième Regiment and La feuille d'érable the CIC branch march pass. I also love CANADA - the Centennial Song of Bobby Gimby. It is a great peace to march to.

;D Good day! :cdn:

Love793 said:
Just to clarify every Element, and Branch of the CF does have its own March Past.

Actually, thats not true (according to my 202). Most have them, but one that doesn't is the band branch.....

Ironic... ::)

The bands come under the admin control of CFRTS, so what ever CFRTS march is, is also the Gen Service Bands marchs.  Regimental and Unit Bands (Including Navy ones) use the same march as the unit.  Example EK Scot Pipe Band- Highland Laddie, etc...

anyone know what the irish regiment's regimental march past is ( there's like only 4 corps in canada, 1 in BC ( i heard) and 3 in the city i live in and they are like 40 min apart from each opther)  ???

[quote author=Army.ca]
Authorized Marches:
Quick March: Garry Owen
Slow March: Endearing Young Charms
[/quote]
For the record, Garry Owen is one of the best drinking songs I've ever heard. Only the Irish... ;D

Here are the most common version of the lyrics, as taught to me by my uncle...

Let Bacchus' sons be not dismayed,
But join with me, each jovial blade,
Come, drink and sing and lend your aid,
To help me with the chorus:

Chorus
Instead of spa, we'll drink brown ale,
And pay the reckoning on the nail;
No man for debt shall go to jail,
From Garryowen in glory.

We'll beat the bailiffs out of fun,
We'll make the mayor and sheriffs run,
We are the boys no man dares dun,
If he regards a whole skin.

Chorus

We'll break windows, we'll break down doors,
The watch knocked down by threes, and fours,
And let the doctors work their cures,
And tinker up our bruises.

Chorus

Our hearts so stout have got no fame,
For soon 'tis known from whence we came,
Where'er we go they fear the name,
Of Garryowen in glory.

Chorus

My drill team, as well, is currently looking for March Past music for our Annual Inspection. Good thing I stumbled upon this topic: just might save us from doing drill to Sir Mix-A-Lot

Back