• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Magic Tricks

I'm trying to make a mortar, (as I cannot obtain potassium) but how do you make it so that the film canister flies far enough?

It won't. It only goes a meter or maybe two at best. Remeber, I did this at a young age when a popping noise and a fizzy mess is enough to keep a child entertained for hours.

Oh I tried it with a pipe and stuff but then it only just pop-uped out, it didn't fly out. Thanks for the idea anyways, I had quite a bit of fun making it. =P

If tmapplepeel can't get ahold of alcohol, then methinks a lot of the majic tricks we MIGHT be tempted to post may end up in the hands of someone not ready to perform them.

Tom

tmapplepeel said:
I'm trying to make a mortar, (as I cannot obtain potassium) but how do you make it so that the film canister flies far enough?

why a mortar? why not a potato cannon?

~RoKo~ said:
It won't. It only goes a meter or maybe two at best. Remeber, I did this at a young age when a popping noise and a fizzy mess is enough to keep a child entertained for hours.

Something to amuse you now that you're older:

Replace the film canister with a pop-bottle, and the baking soda/vinegar combo with an IMP heater and water.  Guaranteed to get better distance.  Just don't set it off near open flames.

majic tricks we MIGHT be tempted to post may end up in the hands of someone not ready to perform them.

Agreed, they're easy enough to learn on the internet without us telling him exactly what to do.

....would pulling the tablecloth out from underneath everything and leaving all the dishes in tact be a magic trick?

48Highlander said:
Something to amuse you now that you're older:

Replace the film canister with a pop-bottle, and the baking soda/vinegar combo with an IMP heater and water.   Guaranteed to get better distance.   Just don't set it off near open flames.

Teeehee we did that in Kananaskis, after about a week on a mountainside you get a little bored after the umteenth day of sun tanning and waterfall showers :P our section commanders idea......

Jane

Back