• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

looking for pmq pictures

familyman

Inactive
Reaction score
hey fellas,just wondering if their are any links showing pictures of the pmq's in pettewawa,my wife and I are just curious what we are going to be living in for the years to come,I did try to look this up on the search link but was unsuccessful,got nothing but horror stories and how old and rundown they are,is this true?does anyone have good stories?thanks in advance.

Here is the CFHA Website:

http://www.cfha-alfc.forces.gc.ca/locations/petawawa_e.asp

Good day Mr Gump,
  I have been posted here in Pet for 6yrs and I lived in the Q's from the day I got here til present.It is not as bad as everyone says it is though.There are two patches of PMQ's here in Pet known as the north side and the south side.The North side,which is on base, where I live,is literally two minute drive to my work (about 1k or so)I live about 700meters from Tim horton's and the Canex grocery store and about 30 seconds away from the pmfrc and my son and daughters school.The North side is what I would recommend.South side is mostly row houses,There is six in each,I think.Seriously consider the NorthSide for reasons above plus another huge factor.There is one main Road in Petawawa,Petawawa Blvd,and in order to get to the base from the southside you must take this road that leads over a little bridge and then directly on to base.Traffic in the morning is absolutely crazy,same thing at lunch.That reason alone should be enough for you to opt for the Northside where you avoid the traffic during vital times and for the Tim's and Canex that are located in the same spot just seconds away from you.If you would like me to get some pics for you that is no problem.Just tell me what kind of style you would like and I will snap it for you.i.e.duplex,single house,apts(which are OK if you have no kids)and the # of rooms you are looking for and I will see what I can do for you.

definatly go North Side if you can....south side is pretty Ghetto.  Although, the ideal would be to buy a house.

thanks for thet advice guys,it helps alot,im only realy curious what they look like, so i cant ask you to actually go out and snap pictures although the guesture is very kind of you,im actually more curious for my wife and 2 daughters,ages 3 and 1,maybe you can tell me how the family life is,example.is their lots of kids for them to play with,or even job oppertunities for my wife,agean, thanks alot,i never really han anyone really paint a picture for me yet.

I've lived in Petawawa/Pembroke for the past year. We've never lived in the q's but have friends who do, and they're really not that bad. They are undertaking an upgrading plan and some of the q's have already undergone some renovations. North side is definitely better than the south in many respects. The q's seem to be in better condition and there are more amenities.
Another advantage of the north side is the RecPlex, theatre, skating rink and Dundonald Hall (gym, pool, gymnastics for the kiddies, sports teams for you, etc) are right there. I don't have kids so I can't comment on that situation, although there appear to be plenty of them around. If your wife wants to work, this is a good time to be coming to the area. There are several new stores that have opened recently (chicken chicken, liquidation world) and new businesses coming soon (more jobs at the new call centre, home depot and shopper's drugmart - these are all in Pembroke, which is a 20 min drive). Office jobs are tough to come by, but the PMFRC is always willing to help.
In general, Petawawa is a nice town for a young family. The young, single guys don't seem to be huge fans, but I've enjoyed it here so far.
There is a grocery store in Pet other than the Canex, but the two "malls", theatre, discount grocers, etc. are in Pembroke. All in all, Petawawa is a nice little town. It has what you need and Ottawa is close enough (a little over an hour on the highway) to get what you want.

hey guys thanks a million for the replies, i just got to see them now,because i am currently in the dp1 course,i will definitely take that advice into consideration when i get their,hopefully I get to choose?so thanks again

chris

Back