• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Looking for information on John Marskell (possibly under the name John Rabey)

songofwar

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,

My uncle passed away yesterday morning. We (his family) are planning his funeral, and we are mulling over the fact that he has been claiming for over 15 years to have served in the military. His sons are unsure if it was the US or Canadian Forces, and they don't even know if it really happened. They don't believe it did, and no one can remember him going away for any length of time (he claims overseas service of at least 6 months in duration. He also said something about vietnam, but we don't know anything more) We would like to know the truth so that his service, if it happened, can be properly included in his life story.

He died at the age of 59, so we are talking about 30 to 40 years ago when this would have taken place. Does anyone here know where I could find out about this?

His name was John Marskell, but it was mentioned that he may have joined up under the name "John Rabey". Any help on where to look for confirmation on this will be greatly appreciated.

Please PM me if youi can think of anything.

Thanks.

Are we talking about the John Marskell from Toronto who had a military store on Mt Pleasant many years ago?

Back