• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Last Words from GO!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
MCG said:
All,
It is GO!!'s decision to be here or not.  There is no need to knock him for it.
Or speculating over why, since the thread no longer exists to make an informed decision.

all, lets keep this one clean.....its been good so far lets keep it that way please

army.ca staff

What a soap opera way to leave. 

While I certainly respect his right to leave (& I doubt his C&P being even remotely the reason for his departure), I question the motives of his sending an emo-ridden farewell note to a sympathetic member for public dissemination.  It lacks maturity, and for me, calls into doubt the substance of his previous posts. 

If someone wants to leave, so be it.  This need to seek closure via group hugs baffles me.  If you're not here, and people miss you for it, who cares?  Is it an overwhelming need to go out in a blaze of glory, or to give all the subscribers to the GO!!!show a final episode they'll be talking about for years?  Will you go into a platoon in C-Coy to whine about how CSM-B jacked you up while you're in A-Coy?

Next, as for the fairness of one person getting disciplinary action while another gets away Scott free.  The ramp approaches no-one, individuals approach the ramp.  The instances of several individuals lipping off to DS are isolated and should be seen as such.  Looking at eight people who got away without warning, one has to consider that those are eight separate instances.  I know I have gotten away with an inappropriate post being merely deleted but I realize the next time I do something retarded, I could find my toes upon the carpet, even if three seconds prior, someone says the identical thing. 

Shamrock said:
What a soap opera way to leave. 

While I certainly respect his right to leave (& I doubt his C&P being even remotely the reason for his departure), I question the motives of his sending an emo-ridden farewell note to a sympathetic member for public dissemination.  It lacks maturity, and for me, calls into doubt the substance of his previous posts. 

If someone wants to leave, so be it.  This need to seek closure via group hugs baffles me.  If you're not here, and people miss you for it, who cares? .....

Hear Hear !

Alright, i have locked this and here is why :

GO!!! sent a PM explaining why he is leaving, thats fine.  Its been posted and now everyone knows.  For good or bad he had his reasons.  I dont want tis to turn into another moderation debate, which is where i see this going.  First it's mostly, IMHO, off-topic and after the last few nights, changes have ben made to army.ca to adress people's concerns.

Give it time to see how they work out please, thats all i ask

army.ca staff

By special request.....

From Sig_Des:
I would like to clarify something. I was also one of the few recipients of the PM from GO!!! regarding his leaving the site. The quoted PM at the beginning of this thread does cut off one last part of the message, mainly some contact information, and his signature.

NOWHERE in the PM dig GO!!! request, suggest, or infer that ANY of us should post his PM. All of you who've ever read ANY of his posts would should know his style well enough that if he wanted it posted, he would have arranged for it to be done.

He left for his reasons, and I'll miss his imput into topics. It's not up to anyone else to question his motives or why. If he chooses to come back, I'll welcome him. If not, that's his choice.

I added it only because Sig_des received the original PM.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back