• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Lady Kicked Out of Theater for Texting

Perhaps we should start a counter-texter campaign which involves dumping pop on offenders?  That would give us good reason to spend 50 cents extra for the bucket size. ;D

NavyHopeful said:
As for the "using the cell phone as a flashlight" theory...  well, anyone that buys that excuse can buy my wooden nickel collection for $100.  ::)

Rev

I just did that on Canada Day!  Works great for walking the dark path through the woods to the parking lot.

CountDC said:
I just did that on Canada Day!  Works great for walking the dark path through the woods to the parking lot.

Yeah, but not in a theatre... especially when people are watching a movie...

I've been in a theatre once or twice...  when the movie is on, you don't need a flashlight.

Rev

I don't buy the flashlight argument. Anyone who has ever been to a movie knows for a fact that all the isles and stairs are outlined in LEDs.

Back years ago, when cell phones were still used mostly as a business tool, the same theatre problem reared it's head, enough so, that people looked for a solution even going so far as proposing laws.

A number of devices hit the market in short order that once activated, say in the projection booth, they would kill the cell phone signal and make it impossible to send or receive. Unfortunately, the only laws that got passed were the ones banning the use of the device. They are still available, but illegal in most jurisdictions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_phone_jammer

HavokFour said:
I don't buy the flashlight argument. Anyone who has ever been to a movie knows for a fact that all the isles and stairs are outlined in LEDs.

They are also outlined with giant mounds of popcorn that stupid people drop on the floor and can't be bothered to pick up. Fuck that irritates me  :rage: You bought a 300lbs bag of popcorn and knocked it over, fucking pick it up !!

Back