• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

King Charles III Coronation Medal

I have heard that every unit is supposed to nominate at least two females. I don't know if that is local or national. I know for some units finding two females to nominate, but for some infantry units they could potentially be scraping the bottom of the barrel based on the numbers of females.
That's a pretty insulting commentary against females CAF members, specifically Infantry soldiers. Having been born with a dick doesn't automatically make you a better soldier.
The other thing is we might see people receive them with less than five years service, which I know isn't a requirement in Canada, but you would think that if we are going to be more restrictive with awarding them, we should at least have more restrictive standards than the British.
Or, why not just give it to every CAF member serving on the coronation date. Oh, wait....

I have heard that every unit is supposed to nominate at least two females. I don't know if that is local or national. I know for some units finding two females to nominate, but for some infantry units they could potentially be scraping the bottom of the barrel based on the numbers of females.
The other thing is we might see people receive them with less than five years service, which I know isn't a requirement in Canada, but you would think that if we are going to be more restrictive with awarding them, we should at least have more restrictive standards than the British.

So... you're saying that 35+ years after combat arms were opened to females, there are still multiple Army Reserve units that remain sexist and actively deter women from serving?

So... you're saying that 35+ years after combat arms were opened to females, there are still multiple Army Reserve units that remain sexist and actively deter women from serving?
Alternate theory: most women are not interested in combat arms positions.

We only have 3 females in my unit, 2 Military and 1 Civilian. Our Chief Clerk and a HRA Clerk.
Both are amazing and I wouldn't complain if they received one.

We only have 3 females in my unit, 2 Military and 1 Civilian. Our Chief Clerk and a HRA Clerk.
Both are amazing and I wouldn't complain if they received one.
but that leads to the question of are they the most deserving in the unit or will they get it because they are female? That is the problem when you go from most deserving member to "must be this or that". How about we allocate them as 1 must be male, 1 must be female, 1 must be LGBTQ2+, 1 must be french, 1 must be english, 1 must be 50+ of age, 1 must have 35+ svc, 1 must be under 20, 1 must be married, 1 must have kids, blah blah blah.

The real simple solution - give to all or give to none.

That's a pretty insulting commentary against females CAF members, specifically Infantry soldiers. Having been born with a dick doesn't automatically make you a better soldier.

Or, why not just give it to every CAF member serving on the coronation date. Oh, wait....
I'm saying that there are some units with very few female members that there won't be much of a choice regardless of time served or merit.

Back