• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

KAC M5 RAS

The Ottawa branch is hit or miss depending on what drone is working behind the counter.Some days you can get Surefire,EOTech etc from them but on other days they refuse to sell 5.11 gear (before they were dropped) unless you had a departmental letterhead or a DND account.

It ain't made of plastic, the M4 and M5 RAS are precision machined aluminium made to take a greater amount of abuse than any thing we have issued to hand equipment from a rifle/carbine. Knowledge is power learn what the adults are talking about before you speak. ::)

With all this rail talk, anyone has a good alternative for C7 rails with an issued M203?  I would've liked the KAS rails, but can't attach the M203 with them.  Unless I'd go with an M203 rail attachment systems.  Anyone has ideas?  I'm looking in Infidel's general direction... hehe

Also, MG34, as for training with kit like that, I am sure you realize that not all units "allow" such equipment, most especially in training, and some are more anal than others about it.  For example, on this roto we were not even able to wear in our tan boots in training, let alone any extra kit like chest rigs or rifle attachments, and even now in theater, we get charged for not using the Bianchi POS holsters.  So not everyone can actually use proper training to try out kit before hand, and have to try it out "under the radar" while on op, till somebody gets caught somewhere with it, and then have to revert to POS issued stuff.  I was actually frowned upon for having a black upper handguard and a black scope cover, even though it was given to me by the camp's armourer. 

The lower section of the KAC RAS (M4 or M5) are removeable so the M203 can attach -- int eh case of the Diemaco CF M203A1 - you need to remove the plastic segment of the "standard" handguard with the two bolts that attach it.  After that it works very well (these have to be removed anyway to move the system between C8 and C7 platforms so they dont make much sence except to the tool that designed the system...

Kendrick said:
With all this rail talk, anyone has a good alternative for C7 rails with an issued M203?  I would've liked the KAS rails, but can't attach the M203 with them.  Unless I'd go with an M203 rail attachment systems.  Anyone has ideas?  I'm looking in Infidel's general direction... hehe

Also, MG34, as for training with kit like that, I am sure you realize that not all units "allow" such equipment, most especially in training, and some are more anal than others about it.  For example, on this roto we were not even able to wear in our tan boots in training, let alone any extra kit like chest rigs or rifle attachments, and even now in theater, we get charged for not using the Bianchi POS holsters.  So not everyone can actually use proper training to try out kit before hand, and have to try it out "under the radar" while on op, till somebody gets caught somewhere with it, and then have to revert to POS issued stuff.  I was actually frowned upon for having a black upper handguard and a black scope cover, even though it was given to me by the camp's armourer. 

Your unit must have some weak NCOs then if these training issues were not sorted prior to your deployment, or upon arrival in theater. The push on the kit issue has to come from the bottom up as the dinosaurs at the yop don't understand or fear the change.

MG34:  Yeah I can understand that point.  Honestly I have no idea where the problem is coming from.  My direct superiors support us for using "proper" gear, but there's a few people getting charged about it.  We try as much as we can, but it's not going up obviously.  It's quite frustrating actually. 

Infidel: Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

We fought the same fight here, but your WO and Sgts have to ush the item constantly up the chain for thngs to change. We even brought in vendors to put on displays and answer questions and concerns from the higher ups.

Yet, here I am.. in theater.. with two rigs sitting in my turret bustle.. my issue tacvest (to be worn when people care) and then the HSGI rig I had handed on to me.. (which I didn't pay for, nor train with which makes me a bad person.  I use it for when I get off my vehicle and want to have mags handy)  I also hide the mods on my rifle that I couldn't train with before deployment as I had the standard C8 (that's C8 without and A1-A2 etc on it, you know, with the iron sights and teeny barrel) though the photo techs during the work up training had the C8FTHB with EOtech.. my fault?

I can't see how all this makes myself and Kendrick bad people in your eyes MG34.. but we try our best to make do with what we have.. it's unfortunate it has come to it.. and I hope you don't have the same problems, but I fear you may.  Maybe your rank will alleviate the difficulties, but for us bottom feeders, it's no help when you have no support from your chain of command.. they repeat the same drivel that is passed down from higher.. sorry.

Back to work..

I really have no understanding of the items/components you fellows are talking about; However I do want to point something out.

I have rock climbed for close to 10 years, and if its one thing I know, if something is going to be holding your life in its hands you better well make damn sure that it is top quality and that you can trust it. That can go for anything.. anywhere no matter what it is or what the situation is.

For futher edification
KAC M5 RAS on C7A1
KevonpatrolwRCMP.jpg

DownloadAttach.asp

KAC M4 RAS on Colt M4A1 upper (on C7 with collapsible stock)
DownloadAttach.asp

KAC RAS systems on CF gear
DownloadAttach.asp

Not sure if my ARF photohoster works here anymore - so the last 3 pics may not show up.

The rail system gives an aprox 20% greater cooling rate to the barrel - it provides greater stability for accessories, and also it gives the operatro the ability to position the accessories where he feels is best.

More later

where's that first pic taken? :D and whose that character in the CAD?  ;D

nice RAS pics... loving RAS...

The M5 RAS is a very versatile piece of kit. Top rail will even provide zero retention for any optics.

Back