• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Justin Trudeau hints at boosting Canada’s military spending

If the service battalion cannot kill Spetsnaz at night, then Spetsnaz will kill service battalions at night. Radios, weapons, and night vision need to be pervasive through a field brigade and not exclusive goodies of combat arms.

I still think CAF members should be issued personal weapons they retain throughout their career. Likewise in most cases with STANO.

I still think CAF members should be issued personal weapons they retain throughout their career. Likewise in most cases with STANO.
That might be feasible with the Army and certain parts of the Air Force (even then, probably a stretch), but I can't see that working out on a ship.

I suppose that most progressives in Canada have no intention of getting to (true) communism. The closest they want to approach is a hefty welfare state, with themselves in charge, living comfortably. If they even went as far as the USSR, they'd still intend to be part of the dacha-owning class; it would not do to merely live in a state-assigned apartment like everyone else. They could do that right now, if that was truly where their political/social sentiments lie. They could wear baggy, ill-fitting suits; take another look at our leaders. I've never had to scratch one very deeply to find someone who thinks he "deserves" everything he's been able to achieve on the foundation of winning the birth lottery for aptitude with language and/or numbers. Just observe one long enough to see what he says about people born less fortunate in that respect.

I suppose that most progressives in Canada have no intention of getting to (true) communism. The closest they want to approach is a hefty welfare state, with themselves in charge, living comfortably. If they even went as far as the USSR, they'd still intend to be part of the dacha-owning class; it would not do to merely live in a state-assigned apartment like everyone else. They could do that right now, if that was truly where their political/social sentiments lie. They could wear baggy, ill-fitting suits; take another look at our leaders. I've never had to scratch one very deeply to find someone who thinks he "deserves" everything he's been able to achieve on the foundation of winning the birth lottery for aptitude with language and/or numbers. Just observe one long enough to see what he says about people born less fortunate in that respect.
You’ve described Soviet Communism very well. When the “progressives” start rebelling then that’s when the secret policeman’s knock happens….

This. Them vs. Us

If sailors don't bring personal weapons on to a ship could they store them at their respective HQs and CQ buildings?

That capacity would be more doable. But the space currently does not exist so either we need to create new vaults or steal space and convert.

Honestly I'm not sure it's necessary. I think equalizing SA proficiency and marksmanship with fitness requirements would be adequate.

A simple emphasis on basic operation and marksmanship on the standard service rifle and side arm would be adequate.

HANDGUNFORGEN?

While I agree with the concept, I wouldn't trust some people with a screw driver, nevermind an issued pistol. I wouldn't give our members that much personal responsibility. It's why we have a tool control program and even with all the policies in place, planes still go flying with wrenches in internal compartments.

That capacity would be more doable. But the space currently does not exist so either we need to create new vaults or steal space and convert.

Honestly I'm not sure it's necessary. I think equalizing SA proficiency and marksmanship with fitness requirements would be adequate.

A simple emphasis on basic operation and marksmanship on the standard service rifle and side arm would be adequate.
The problem is a lot of CAF members treat their weapons and equipment like trash. There's no accountability. They'll hand carry their personal laptops or game consoles like a first born child but throw and pile their rifles in the back of a truck like firewood.

There's been a few times my unit's been told to hand over STANO to the reserves to support their summer training and the kit comes back absolutely trashed and missing parts. Other reg force units aren't as bad in my experience (likely due to the close proximity of the lenders) but the same shit still happens.

Finding space would be easy, just make it a no fail task :cool:

Make Canada sit with Iceland. No scratch that, at least Iceland has no illusions and would likely be insulted that they had the freeloaders of freeloaders foisted upon them.
They are also one of the few countries to have ever been occupied by Canada.

There's been a few times my unit's been told to hand over STANO to the reserves to support their summer training and the kit comes back absolutely trashed and missing parts. Other reg force units aren't as bad in my experience (likely due to the close proximity of the lenders) but the same shit still happens.
Having been on the other side, lending eqpt to the Reg F from a Res F unit, let me reassure you that it works both ways.

The NDP are nothing but Communists who aren’t in a hurry.

It's funny. I (and I don't think you) would consider the Scandinavian social democracies Communists, and a lot of the program initiatives that the NDP pushes would fit well with that model being the "goal"- and personally that's a goal I whole heartedly agree with.

But there's just a sort of- idealistic out of touchness- about the NDP that I detest.

Not much point being strongly committed to supplying tasked eqpt in working order with full EIS if the school staff responsible aren't as committed to returning it in same condition.

Back