• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Just got the call for CFAT.

badsector

Inactive
Reaction score
Well I just got the call to book the CFAT today.  It's all booked up and ready to go.  I was told to be there for 8:00am (7:30am).  I was told I should bring a lunch because it is not over until 1pm.  Just wondering what I will be doing for 5 hours?  :cdn:

Thanks;

Yes. Bring lunch!

For me, there was waiting. Then the test. Then waiting while everyone finished, the tests were marked, and the results tallied.  Then waiting. Then interviews.

Make sure you have a good breakfast so that your neurons are firing properly for your test.  ;)

Good luck!

In a well-run CFRC or Det, you should be able to get the CFAT, interview and Medical all done within the 5 hours. BTW, you should also be reimbursed for mileage and lunch...

well my CFAT and PT were scheduled for yesterday at 9:00 AM

Everyone was there before 9 obviously, so i guess at like 8:45 we all went into the room to do the CFAT. After it was over we were then sent into another room....to wait. We sat and waited for a good 20-30 mins. Then 1 by 1 a few people were called out (4 of the 8 of us). Never saw those people again ( :-\ kind of sucks for them) Anyways, another person came in and sent us back into the room where we took the CFAT, where we filled out some forms. Then after that we went into ANOTHER room where we started our PT.
After that was all finished we went to another person to schedule our MT and interview (if you passed the PT that is) and then finally we got out.

It was 12:30 when i finally left.
It seems like a long time but seriously, it goes by quite fast.

Oh and yeah you get reimbursed. I got $4.50 for the bus.

Well I asked "Is this only the CFAT and he said yes.  Who knows, so now i'm going to dress up for the interview but bring gym clothes. 

badsector said:
Well I asked "Is this only the CFAT and he said yes.   Who knows, so now i'm going to dress up for the interview but bring gym clothes.  
Best to call back and confirm.

I will just dress interview worthy and bring everything I might need just in case.  Better safe then sorry.  :cdn:

yeah, there was 2 rooms they gave us to change if we needed.

I got the call last wed to write my CFAT today at 8am. There were 9 other guys there as well. Me and 1 other guy were only booked for the CFAT everyone else was booked for their CFAT, interview and MT (they all came in form a lot further away, it was a 10 min drive for me in morning traffic). after passing the CFAT I booked an appointment for Oct 3rd to do my Interview and MT. then after that I book an appointment to do my FT. for me I was there at 7:45, parked the car and was there wrote the test and was back to the car at 10:45am.

Seems they do the process in different orders in different locations. I'm in Halifax.

Interesting.  I got my CFAT call a couple days ago, scheduled for May 2.  All she told me was that my test was at 8:30am at the Harry Hayes building in downtown Calgary.  She didn't say anything about PT or MT or even an interview...  Good thing I saw this post, thanks guys.  I'm doing reserves BTW, so it may be different...

Back