• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Joining the infantry

• Thread starter Thread starter ArchAngelRajin
  • Start date Start date
A

ArchAngelRajin

Hello, I am currently trying to join the Canadian infantry. I want to take my tests right after December. I hear though there is quite the waiting period. As well I have quit smoking and the drugs, but I am concerned that the things I have done may affect my chances. I have no doubt in my ability to succeed, but are my chances decreased due to the fact I have taken misc drugs, and are they increased/decreased due to the fact that I am native?

Lionel

I am not a recruiter, just making an observation. The drugs thing may, but the native thing will not at all. Race and sex has no bearing on joining the infantry, if i am wrong someone correct me. You can contact the recruiting guys at www.recruiting.forces.gc.ca 

Well first off congrats on your decision to join the military in the first place. If you like hard work and a challenge the Infantry is for you. second of all congrats on kicking the drugs. If you've gone through the application process already and are awaiting a course loading, then you shouldn't worry about the drug issue. If you're waiting on your interview etc. I'd suggest you be open and honest about your past if they ask you. The longer it's been since you took drugs the better. I don't think being a native will cause you any grief but I am also reasonably sure it won't help you out either, which to be honest is best. You don't want to be percieved by your buddies and fellow soldiers as being given any kind of preferencial treatment.

Anyway, best of luck to you. Train hard, pay attention, stay positive and upbeat and most importantly keep your mouth shut and you'll do just fine.  :salute:

i think there are some army info for native groups around check with a recruiter or band they offer some stuff to you like couple months training to see if you like it etc, I found that out while i was researching the whole recruiting thing and i am metis

Back