• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Job Offer Update

• Thread starter Thread starter koach
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

koach

For the information of all you Reg F unskilled applicants waiting for job offers, an e-mail was sent to all CFRC‘s from Borden stating that they are still working on job offers for unskilled applicants. Because of the numbers that they have to work with, it is taking longer than normal to produce the offers.

One more thing Koach I heard from my recruiter in Ottawa that things are pretty backed up, for example just to get a CFAT it‘s about a month‘s wait. And interview and medical another couple of months.

Cath

:gunner: Good thing we are not at war. Maybe they should hire on in Borden. Another thing I wish the Armed Forces would do is: Open another Basic training base since St. jean does not seem to be able to handle the number of applicants.

That would be awesome. There‘s lots of open space out near my neck of the woods. :D

I heard they keep the number of physicians in Borden viewing applications limited so that there is a broader consensus on which applications are accepted or rejected. I think the idea has merit but there must be a better way that‘s faster.

When I checked on my daughter‘s app a couple of years ago, I was given this answer. There is only ONE surgeon in Borden to sign off on ALL CF recruitment meds. Reg and Reserve. There is also a couple of MWO‘s with signing authority to dismiss application medicals for reasons like asthma, etc.

Now the new system on it‘s way in.
People will be brought in to the Reserves on a Conditional Enrollment. You‘ll do the tests and interviews and be sent to your Unit. You‘ll do your BMQ and in the meantime, CFRC will continue with your medical and reliability check. If you pass, you stay in. If you fail either, your released. At least you‘ll be with your Unit and be training while they‘re doing it instead of waiting for a year. I don‘t know when it‘s coming on line, hopefully soon.

Even with only one person checking over all the files, I don‘t see how it could take so long. I can‘t imagine there being more than 2000 new recruits a year. That means (s)he only looks at 3 records a day.

Welcome to the military ;) Why do you think there‘s so many PAT‘s (Personel Awaiting Training) loafing around Borden, some for up to two years, waiting for trade courses after BMQ. Blame the politicos and their cutbacks. Go after them, it‘s their fault, not the short staffed military.

Even with only one person checking over all the files, I don‘t see how it could take so long. I can‘t imagine there being more than 2000 new recruits a year. That means (s)he only looks at 3 records a day.
Last year, where I work, we processed over 1400 applications which resulted in just over 300 individuals qualifying for enrolment into the military. This is just for one recruiting centre.

As a rough guess, I would say that the med staff in Borden review anywhere from 8 to 10 thousand medical files each year.

Does Borden deal with stuff other than the persons medical history? Because that means that they turn away 8,000 people a year who passed their PT and their Medical test at the CFRC. That seems high to me.

Applicants do not pass the medical test at the CFRC. The medical tests are conducted at the CFRC and then sent to the med staff in Borden for approval.

A different department in Borden handles job offers for all the different Reg F plans and they are the ones who determine who gets enrolled when.

You have to remember that this is a huge, complex organization operating within fiscal and physical constrains. To try and figure out the numbers and determine why things are the way they are is HQ‘s job.

I know that they can reject you at the CFRC after you medical, people with bad vision/hearing are told right there.

And for reserves, would it not just be a matter of looking at a few pages of data, and then passing them off to their unit?

Sorry if I‘m wasting you time, but im kind of worried about my file, and I‘m just trying to get an understanding of the process.

Medical standards and proceedures are no different for the reserves.

But after they check the medical file, should the results be send right back to the reserve unit, or is there another step which takes place at Borden.

The medical is part of the recruiting process. Only after all the aspects of the recruiting process are complete will your file be sent to the reserve unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back