• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Jetstream - The Series

CDN Aviator said:
You could always watch the show all over again online if the withdrawl pains are that bad.

It wasn't too hard to find: http://www.discoverychannel.ca/jetstream/

I only caught the very last episode, so I'd love to see the rest of it. Hopefully, there are full episodes on this site (unlike Basic Up, which I could only find short segments of online :(). I'll check the above site out more tomorrow when I have time. :)

Yep, full episodes right here http://watch.discoverychannel.ca/jetstream/

I'm only able to find the final episode "Bomb's Away" on the Discovery site. Is it possible to see all of the episodes or just that one? (Feel free to guide me in the right direction with a link, if you have one.  :p)

Ask at the Jetstream Facebook page.  One of the producers runs it and she should be able to help you out.

For those who are interested, there is apparently going to be a Jestream "marathon" - four nights consecutively - starting March 10th on the Discovery Channel. I suppose I can wait until then.  ;)

Meridian said:
Do all pilots get "their own' or?  I've always wondered about that... 

Also.. the crew chief thing - is this a Canadian-only tradition, or does the US do it too, just not in the movies?

Neither practice is used in Tac Hel.

Celticgirl said:
I'm only able to find the final episode "Bomb's Away" on the Discovery site. Is it possible to see all of the episodes or just that one? (Feel free to guide me in the right direction with a link, if you have one.  :p)

CG,

If you follow my link, you'll go to the Discovery player, it defaults to "Bombs Away" because that is the most recent episode, but use the menu @ the bottom of the page, and you can watch all episodes.

benny88 said:
CG,

If you follow my link, you'll go to the Discovery player, it defaults to "Bombs Away" because that is the most recent episode, but use the menu @ the bottom of the page, and you can watch all episodes.

Ahhh, thank you, Benny! I found it!  :salute:

I was going to do my taxes today, but...oh well. There's still time.  ^-^

Loachman said:
Neither practice is used in Tac Hel.

Is this because the aircraft are considered "shared" vice some other consideration for fast air?

Meridian said:
Is this because the aircraft are considered "shared" vice some other consideration for fast air?

Our egos don't need constant stroking.

Meridian said:

That and doctrinal manning for operations used to be 2.5 crews/hel (I don't know if we still hold to that, or any doctrine for that matter - not that our doctrine ever really bore any ressemblance to reality), which included all aircrew in the Squadron including CO, DCO, Ops staff etcetera. The machines can operate around the clock, but crew cannot so day and night shifts are required. Guys also have to plan missions and fill LO slots and such while others are out flying missions that they planned previously. Aircraft are often configured differently for different missions as well. Machines are also juggled to keep a stagger for major inspections, which are based upon flying time - there will be "push" and "hold" aircraft.

Guys,

The name under the canopy is just tradition - 9 times out of 10 the guy flying the Hornet has his name on another bird.

Like Loach said - the rest of the airforce doesn't follow this tradition as it really isn't required - it's just something "they" do...

:rofl:

I'm thinking if that's one of the more reasonable questions asked here in a bit.

MM

You guys have weird taste, I don't think she's good looking. Unless she's here....uuuuh..Ma'am.

I think I began to really fancy her after the centrifuge. 

Back