• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

'Jerk' Culture?

• Thread starter Thread starter cameron_highlander
  • Start date Start date
Further more, "intensive purposes" makes perfect sense. It means purposes that are intensive. 

If you infantry guys keep correcting each other's spelling and grammar, I'm going to start posting about how to assault a trench.

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

This is an excellent demonstration of <a href=http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/encyclopedia/G/Go/Godwins_Law.htm>Gaudere's Law</a>

Any post made to point out a spelling or grammar error will invariably contain a spelling or grammar error.

Ok, all of you have just been signed up for the Grammar for Marines and Spelling for Marines MCI course.  That should make us all better spellers and grammarians. ;D

2332Piper said:
It isn't usually unit policy to ignore recruits, although it sometimes seems that way. My unit gives you 90% of your unit headdress 'gear' after BMQ/SQ, and those guys participate as full members of the unit (this is from my own observation, I'm not on the floor).

However, I have heard of some units being ignorant towards recruits. But my main point was towards the individuals who seem to take offence to having recruits around, most units are good about it but there seems to be a noticible percentage of people in the CF who treat recruits like a disease to be avoided at best, crapped on at worst. I don't know, maybye I'm just noticing it more then other people. But I thought the point of basic training was that everyone did it, everyone was there and everyone knew what it was like.

Just something to consider.

Recruits have always been treated like dirt. It could also get physical years ago, but that's probably changed. I remember getting my butt kicked on more than one ocassion ;) Cap badges were usually worn after General Military Trg (the only cornflake I remember was by Kellogs). 

Back