• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Jeep driver 'swerved into biker before mallet attack'

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sign this man up, there's a PARA platoon somewhere who needs him....

Jeep driver 'swerved into biker before mallet attack'

A JEEP driver deliberately swerved into a motorcyclist then hit him with a mallet as they sat at traffic lights, a court heard today.

Bernard Doherty, 55, allegedly shouted: "I'm going to smash your bike up and then I'm going to run you over", before driving into Paul Wisdom's motorcycle.

Edinburgh Sheriff Court was told Doherty sat laughing as the biker screamed in pain as his leg was trapped then swung the mallet at him, hitting his crash helmet.

The incident is alleged to have taken place in Telford Road, Edinburgh, on August 10 last year.

http://news.scotsman.com/latestnews/Jeep-driver-39swerved-into-biker.3813161.jp

Wow!  Talk about road rage!  Makes one curious as to what the reason was behind it.  ???

I felt the same way about some of the motorcycle riders in London, England when I was driving there looking for my hotel (had to get a cabbie to lead the way, car was parked for the duration once we got there)

Motorcycles would fly past you well in excess of the speed limit, in between lanes full of cars stopped or not.

it was like being in the movie "The Birds" but with giant humming birds on meth and steriods that hummed at about 120 decibles.

take it from me, touring Europe in a rental?... park it in dover and use public transportation in London. Tube system was awsome.

I heard this story on the Edge Files (102.1 the edge Toronto) while driving into work this morning. Apparently the biker was wailing in pain due to being pinned between the bike and the vehicle. The Jeep driver kept hammering him in the head with the mallet. At least he was wearing a helmet and the mallet was rubber. The Jeep driver was p***ed off that the biker changed lanes without signalling, and that was his defence in court.

Southern Boy said:
I heard this story on the Edge Files (102.1 the edge Toronto) while driving into work this morning. Apparently the biker was wailing in pain due to being pinned between the bike and the vehicle. The Jeep driver kept hammering him in the head with the mallet. At least he was wearing a helmet and the mallet was rubber. The Jeep driver was p***ed off that the biker changed lanes without signalling, and that was his defence in court.

And what about us bikers that keep getting cut off by car, truck, van, bus drivers???? This just irks me.... I had an incident just the other day stopped at a red light, oncoming vehicle turned in front of me just after the light changed.... Justifiable road rage I believe....

At least you were on a bike, it will be at least two moths before we get here. :-\

Southern Boy said:
The Jeep driver was p***ed off that the biker changed lanes without signalling, and that was his defence in court.

In that case I should just drive around Mad Max style and shoot half the people I see during my morning and afternoon commute. Fine and stuff when I am alone in the car. Really pisses me off when I am driving my brother around.

Back