• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Is this normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee_Dee

Inactive
Reaction score
I put in my application less than 7 days ago and got a call today to make a time to do my aptitude test.  From what I have read, the common thread is that it takes weeks or months for the process to move.  What does the recruitment office do with your application?  Do they do the criminal checks and references checks while they are processing your application or do they wait for after your apt. test?  Should I have the security to believe that since it did not take them long to process my application and that they want me to do the test that I am a good candidate?  Or is this usual?  Then after the test and I pass how long till the next test which I believe is the medical.  What is the usual length of time from handing in application to going to basic training.  I would like to know since I have talked to recruiters and they haven't been able to give me a timeline.  I know it is different with every individual but I would like to know what others experiences have been.  I would love to be able to prepare if in fact I am to go to BMQ since I have children and I would have to give my work notice.  Thanks all...btw this is my first post on here and I have tried to research so forgive me if I haven't as of yet read something that is already posted as it seems that it is an annoyance to read things that are repetitive.  :)

well your post is kind of repetitive. But listen, when people say its different for everyone, they mean it. No one, not even recruiters, will be able to tell you how long it will take from now till when you get into BMQ. Recruiters may be able to give you an estimate, but nothing is final until the things actually happen. You do the aptitude, then you will be scheduled for your medical and maybe interview if you pass the aptitude. Other than that no one can tell you anything. Except that from what i understand, and it was true in my case, the security check is done last. Prepare for the aptitude, start getting physically ready (can't hurt) and take it from there.

And you certianly could have found this info by doing 10 minutes of searching.

I handed in my application on january 4th, did my apptitude test, medical, interview all the in the same day (i might be like this for you depending on where you are located, and it does save alot of hassel).  I got my job offer in march but had to decline because i have not completed highschool yet.  So now that school is coming to a close i got another offer last friday to begin BMQ on July 7th and my backround check and medical stuff went through fine.  So depending whether you can go right away or if you can only leave after a certain date like me (graduation) the process can move very quickly, but ive also heard other stories of it going very slowly.  I suggest you hand in your application, study hard for the test and cross your fingers for the best......also start running.  Best of luck with your process

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back