• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

IPC for a DEO

jerrold

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
I just found out that some people enter the CF as IPC2.  Is this just for engineers, or for others as well.  Logically, those with skills relating to their CF career coming in should receive this (as an inducement) or it should be for those professions that are in greatest demand.  Is this the case?

I was offered a position last year and declined; family medical issue.  I obtained my file and it had indicated IPC2.  I was going for Logistics and I too have lots of experience and also a Commerce degree.  What I did not understand was the line that stated 'grant SE of 9 yrs'.  Does anyone know what that means?  I thought SE was Separation Allowance ... however, it does not seem to follow here.

SE is Short Engagement. As an officer you will enter on one of two contracts, a 9 year SE or a 9 year SSE, don't ask me what the difference between a Short engagement and a Short Service Engagement is because I have no idea. I was on an SSE and I came in under CEOTP.

I was told there are a number of things that determine your IPC - previous military experience/rank; previous work experience and degrees. I was given an IPC even higher than 2 because of my time in/previous rank in the CF (with the reserves); my civilian work experience and my 2 degrees that are directly relevent to the my chosen occupation (B.Comm & MBA). In my case I was told the biggest factor was my rank leaving the reserves (as they've recently changed some rules making it more enticing for reservists not to lose pay levels when they go to the regs) and my master's degree (which I'm told automatically bumps up an IPC 2 or 3 levels). 

I think their goal is to look at someone's qualifications (education, previous experience, etc) and say - if this person were to walk into a federal gov't job right now, what level would they be entering at - from a junior to intermediate manager. If someone is entering right out of university, then it would probably be junior, if someone is entering with a few years of relevent experience in the private sector, it would be higher. They have been working the Quality of Life Program over the past 8+ years for NCM/Officers in the CF to have a pay system matched better with the public service.

Hope that helps. Are you going on the fall IAP/BOTP course?

Thanks for the help.  I guess I would likely get IPC2.  I just have the BComm. and an almost completed CGA.  I have also worked in government for a number of years as a manager.  I am not loaded for the fall course.  I had my interview last week and the completed file was rushed for review.  Apparently, I should be attending the winter course ... brrr!  Anyway, if you are attending the fall course, good luck.  I too have previous military service and know the rigours of Basic.  By the way, are you going into Logistics, and if so, which element?

Hi,

When I got my call for an offer which it was a DEO SIGS 84, my recruiter told me that I was standing at IPC3. My masters degree raised the IPC level from 2 to 3. My recruiter just mentioned that because of the masters degree I was receiving level 3. ALthough I have many years of work related experience in many engineering firms however those did not count for that IPC level.

Back