• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Interview this Monday!

Zensunni

Inactive
Reaction score
As the title says, I have to be in Winnipeg this Monday the 21st. At 0745 I have to be at the CFRC to do my Interview, Physical test, Medical examination, and CFAT. While the information on the site has been invaluable in what to expect, I was just wondering if anyone had any pointers for the interview. I've never actually been to a job interview and was just curious if anyone had any useful information I may use.

:cdn: :salute:

Yeah guess I forgot to add that ..... I would like Infantry and Ncm

- Dress your best (regardless of what other people may say, have a shirt and tie at bear minimum), so if you have a suit, wear it. You're trying to show them at your best. I've talked to several HR people that say in the work place they're very casual, but the job interview is still a formal setting.
- Be honest. It will show.
- Relax. Use humour, it can help both of you, but be diligent in the humour you use.
- Attitude is everything, like my boss told me, "You can teach someone the job, but you can't teach personality."

almost forgot, when you show up, be early but not too early, 15 min early max.

I don't own a tie, I was planning on a dressy sweater and pants.... Hope that' ll do

ties are cheap man, hell even if you go to the Bay or something you can buy a dress shirt and tie for under $50.  Believe me, it will make a difference. The more effort you put into this will project a greater image to them of how badly you want this.

Yes true, but the problem is that there is no where I can buy one where I am. I literally am in the middle of nowhere. The trip to Winnipeg were I to drive would be around 13-14hrs... longer on the bus. Luckily I get to fly  ;D

I leave on the late flight (around 7 I think) on Sunday, and get into the peg around 9. So I won't have time to pick one up while in the city.

I don't believe so ... I' ll have to see if I can dig one up tomorrow.

I just had an interview this week with the RCMP.  Do a search for the RCMP RMSIG, many of the pointers for that will apply to the forces interview.  The best advice I can give you is be honest. 

Stu

You don't think a nice sweater would do?

It might, just look your best, clip your fingernails, shave and all that stuff before you show up.  It isn't a fashion show, but you should still look good.

Thanks guys for the tips,

Another question. Presuming everything goes well, how long afterwards do I have to wait to know I have a job?

After your interview is when the waiting officially begins.  It could be two weeks it could be two months or more, it depends on how well you score in your interview and how long till the selection boards.

I don't know if this might help, but i'll post it anyways : I did my interview on feb. 4th, waited 29 days for my med.file to come back approved from Borden, then i've been put on the merit list on march 9th, and i'm still waiting for an offer (yes, I know, I didn't wait so long)

For the interview, I think that all that had to be said has been said, then just go ahead and show SELF CONFIDENCE! Like, YOU know you can do the job well and that you are a good employee, and you want to demonstrate this to the interviewer. It's like selling yourself, in a certain way.  Remember, you never have 2 chances of making a good first impression!

Cheers!

Don't slouch and maintain good posture.

When I did my interview a few years ago, it was right after my PT test and I was still in PT clothing and glossy with sweat.

All in all, good luck and as stated before, go in their with some confidence.

Cheers

Thanks guys! I' ll make you proud  :salute:  ....  ;D

Thanks for the link civvy3840, after reading it, I have another question.

So I have to put down the length and location of both SQ and BMQ? Or just leave it the way I have it?

I"d go into as much detail as possible. Know how long BMQ, SQ and BIQ (assuming your going infantry) is. That way no matter which way he/she words the questions you'll be prepared.

So do I need to know how long BMQ, SQ, and BIQ are and what they consist of? If so, where can I get that information? And what else must I know before going on the interview?

Zensunni said:
So do I need to know how long BMQ, SQ, and BIQ are and what they consist of? If so, where can I get that information? And what else must I know before going on the interview?

Know everything you can about your chosen occupation. Ie: the infantry close with and destroy the enemy. You can probably get all the information you need off of this site and the Canadian Forces recruiting site. Know the roles of the CF, (like protecting Canada, providing disaster relief, peacekeeping etc.) and the organisations that the CF belongs to (NATO, NORAD, UN etc.)

Check this site:
http://recruiting.forces.gc.ca/engraph/howtojoin/interview_e.aspx

Back