• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Interesting Posting Situation

BigDaddyFatback

Inactive
Reaction score
I am posted this APS.
My oldest daughter is starting Grade 12 in the fall and does not want to go as she is in line to receive many scholarships and bursaries due to her academics.
She and my wife will stay and I and my two younger daughters will go.

Has anyone faced a similar situation?
How did it work out, what were your options?

Thanks!

BigDaddyFatback said:
I am posted this APS.
My oldest daughter is starting Grade 12 in the fall and does not want to go as she is in line to receive many scholarships and bursaries due to her academics.

Thanks!

That's rather tricky but off the top of my head.......Because you have taken "dependants" with you, you're basically now responsible for maintaining two households ($$$) and such a scenario would probably be considered as a "personal choice" on your part.  Hence, no special benefits such as IR.

Your best bet, leave the entire family behind, even if for only one year and then effect your relocation at a later date once your oldest graduates High School.

Holy crap, a sigs guy with a posting message? Heresy.

PuckChaser said:
Holy crap, a sigs guy with a posting message? Heresy.

Yes I know.....All my ATIS folks have theirs, and 3 of my ACISS folks received theirs in the past 2 days

Yeah, not promoted either...LOL...Double Heresy!

Made arrangements for my oldest to stay here one extra year.

Thanks for the advice!

BigDaddyFatback said:
I am posted this APS.

Thanks!

There's a CBI designed around these situations

As someone kind of in that situation, with slight differences (Daughter is not eligible to attend school in current posting province,) and 50/50 Custody, It does get expensive, and hours on the road get long and tedious. However luckily you have your wife to assist with the situation. Good luck, honestly, I am sure it wont be that difficult.

That is the 7/8 Sig posting I have heard of without a Promotion. (MCpls too,)

Question, I understand the CM is gone? for CST, and a new one is in place? Can anyone confirm?

Back