• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Initial Processing

guitargod1227

Inactive
Reaction score
So here is what happened, applied online, email said everything went through, file was sent to local office and to call them within 30 days to book an appointment for initial processing. Did that and when they brought up my file it was told they would call me to sced it within 3 weeks or so. Is this normal? The email asked me to call to book it then they said they would call me. Lots of applications in right now? Is this normal? Thanks

Different places do things differently, but it sounds alright to me..

When I called Ottawa I booked it right then, but they didn't have room until 3 months down the road. If you're at a smaller recruiting center they may just be too packed to schedule anything. Compared to the rest of the recruiting process, 3 weeks isn't long so just wait it out before bugging them again ;)

guitargod1227 said:
So here is what happened, applied online, email said everything went through, file was sent to local office and to call them within 30 days to book an appointment for initial processing. Did that and when they brought up my file it was told they would call me to sced it within 3 weeks or so. Is this normal? The email asked me to call to book it then they said they would call me. Lots of applications in right now? Is this normal? Thanks

I think, there is like 26, give or take, Recruiting Centres.  Each seems to do their own thing, so as long as you made contact...you are on the right tract.

Waiting is entirely normal. The sooner you learn to hurry up and wait, the easier your application will become. As one applicant to another, be prepared for it, and make the most of your down time while you still have it.

mtlee said:
Waiting is entirely normal. The sooner you learn to hurry up and wait, the easier your application will become. As one applicant to another, be prepared for it, and make the most of your down time while you still have it.

^^ Perfectly spoken I am about almost 14 months into my application process and look how far I currently am...

Back