• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Infantry Soldier to Infantry Officer

CadetJ

Inactive
Reaction score
So, If you are an Infantry soldier or NCM, and you are in the army for one year or less, can you transfer to becoming an infantry officer?
What exactly do you need to perform this transfer? Is it only BMOQ? What are the odds for getting in? I want to know this, because I want to join as an NCM just to get a feeling how its like, so I am not too far-fetched when leading my own platoon.

You won't achieve it in a year. In fact you might not achieve it at all. Once you are serving in the ranks, you can express your desire to be selected for officer training, and then your chain of command will consider if they want to recommend you for one of the very limited slots for that type of commissioning. And you'll be competing against a lot of very capable MCpls and Sgts the chain of command might be looking at to choose one or two for commissioning. In short, it's a bad plan, if you know you want to serve as an officer and think you want to achieve it within a short time-frame, then look at officer enrolment options.

CadetJ said:
So, If you are an Infantry soldier or NCM, and you are in the army for one year or less, can you transfer to becoming an infantry officer?
What exactly do you need to perform this transfer? Is it only BMOQ? What are the odds for getting in? I want to know this, because I want to join as an NCM just to get a feeling how its like, so I am not too far-fetched when leading my own platoon.

Why does your profile say you are a Corporal with the QOR when you are obviously not?

ballz said:
Why does your profile say you are a Corporal with the QOR when you are obviously not?

I think what you meant to say was that CadetJ, as a Cadet, should probably note his rank as C/Cpl and his unit as his cadet Corps (perhaps affiliated with the QOR) to avoid confusion by other members.

Michael O'Leary said:
I think what you meant to say was that CadetJ, as a Cadet, should probably note his rank as C/Cpl and his unit as his cadet Corps (perhaps affiliated with the QOR) to avoid confusion by other members.
That is exactly what it is. It was my mistake to not look for more options for my unit. Oh well. It shouldn't be a big issue.

Michael O'Leary said:
You won't achieve it in a year. In fact you might not achieve it at all. Once you are serving in the ranks, you can express your desire to be selected for officer training, and then your chain of command will consider if they want to recommend you for one of the very limited slots for that type of commissioning. And you'll be competing against a lot of very capable MCpls and Sgts the chain of command might be looking at to choose one or two for commissioning. In short, it's a bad plan, if you know you want to serve as an officer and think you want to achieve it within a short time-frame, then look at officer enrolment options.

So basically, I should spare the hassle, and go to RMC under the ROTP plan. That's what I was planning too, but just in case, you know.....

CadetJ said:
Oh well. It shouldn't be a big issue.

The problem arises when someone doesn't make the connection with your user name, or if you change that name in future. We ask that people be clear and honest if they want to post ranks, units and service (or at least vague enough not to invite confusion), so that those with no military service won't wrongly make assumptions about a poster's experience.

CadetJ said:
That is exactly what it is. It was my mistake to not look for more options for my unit. Oh well. It shouldn't be a big issue.

You do not need to "look for more options". You need to type in your actual unit and your actual rank, or at least something factual.

As soon as you log back in.

CadetJ said:
You were asked politely, and Michael O'Leary went on to explain why you should correct your profile, and yet you still haven't changed it to avoid the confusion. 

It's not that difficult; change as follows (in yellow):

Unit: Queen's Own Rifles' Cadet Corps

:waiting:

YOU'RE NOT IN THE ARMY. STOP TRYING TO PRETEND YOU ARE.

Is that a little more clear?  ::)

CadetJ said:

I see you were too busy looking at my profile to do what you were told to do with yours.

It's OK, I fixed it for you.

You're welcome.

recceguy said:
I see you were too busy looking at my profile to do what you were told to do with yours.

It's OK, I fixed it for you.

You're welcome.
I apologize. I tried to change the info. But when I chose modify profile, or profile stats, it didn't show the option to change your rank. Thank you very much for assisting me, I needed help anyways.  :salute:

Back