• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Infantry Officer while obtaining a degree?

Taylan

Inactive
Reaction score
Good day all,

I sincerely apologize if this has been asked prior - I did a search and couldn't find anything.

I'm currently in the 2nd year of my Degree, and I'm currently in the process of joining the reserves as Infantry. I've completed the aptitude test as well as the physical test, now waiting on my medical and interview. 

During the process, one of my fellow test takers informed me that you can apply for an officer position as long as you are currently obtaining a degree. I searched online and emailed my recruiter but have yet to see or hear anything that confirms this. I was under the impression that officer candidates must have completed their degree prior.

Because I'm mid application, I figure if this was true and I am to make the switch to Infantry Officer, I should do it right away before my application advances.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Kind Regards.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

You absolutely can be a reserve infantry officer while pursuing a degree.

I would make an appointment with your recruiter. If you have already written the CFAT the recruiter will check your results to ensure you achieved sufficiently high enough results to change your application and it will go from there.

Flavus101 said:
You absolutely can be a reserve infantry officer while pursuing a degree.

I would make an appointment with your recruiter. If you have already written the CFAT the recruiter will check your results to ensure you achieved sufficiently high enough results to change your application and it will go from there.
Thank you very much for the response. I'll most definitely be in touch with my recruiter. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Back