• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Indian farmers force unmarried daughters to plow fields NAKED to get rain

CougarKing

Army.ca Fixture
Inactive
Reaction score
We've all had heard of rain dancing- but this?  ::)

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/reuters/090723/odds/odd_us_girls_odd

Naked girls plow fields for rain
2 hours, 43 minutes ago

PATNA, India (Reuters) - Farmers in an eastern Indian state have asked their unmarried daughters to plow parched fields naked in a bid to embarrass the weather gods to bring some badly needed monsoon rain, officials said on Thursday.

Witnesses said the naked girls in Bihar state plowed the fields and chanted ancient hymns after sunset to invoke the gods. They said elderly village women helped the girls drag the plows.

"They (villagers) believe their acts would get the weather gods badly embarrassed, who in turn would ensure bumper crops by sending rains,"
Upendra Kumar, a village council official, said from Bihar's remote Banke Bazaar town.

"This is the most trusted social custom in the area and the villagers have vowed to continue this practice until it rains very heavily."

India this year suffered its worst start to the vital monsoon rains in eight decades, causing drought in some states.

(Writing by Bappa Majumdar Editing by Sugita Katyal)

Well, uh...uh.....ummmm...this is terrible!!! I'm outraged!!

What a strange superstition.

Flawed Design said:
Man I'm glad India doesn't have nukes.

Hmm... you may want to read up a little bit...

Start here: http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/india/nuke/

Flawed Design said:
Man I'm glad India doesn't have nukes.

I do believe India does have a nuclear arsenal, as well as nuclear capable aircraft. They also have not signed the NPT and the last conducted nuclear test by them I believe was in 1998 (testing of weaponized nuclear warheads including a thermonuclear device).

How do they do this ?? How do they convince their women to go around naked ?

We need to find a way to convince our women that if they mow the lawn naked, the grass will be thicker and greener...  8)

Lets stick to the topic!! LOL

Like I said...I'm outraged!

Jungle said:

We need to find a way to convince our women that if they mow the lawn naked, the grass will be thicker and greener...  8)

CougarDaddy said:
How did this thread go from naked plowing to nukes?  :rofl:
Dude I'm with you... let's see, what's more interesting: Indian nukes or naked women... hummm....  ;)

Oldsoldier, I'm outraged people keep trying to change the subject !!  ;)

- If it works, India will then look at Pakistan, Afghanistan and Iran and say YOU SUCKERS SHOULD TRY THIS !

No nukes means no suits.  No suits means naked.

I see the connection!

8)

Jungle said:
Dude I'm with you... let's see, what's more interesting: Indian nukes or naked women... hummm....  ;)

Oldsoldier, I'm outraged people keep trying to change the subject !!  ;)

Yes me too. Now, how do we go about convincing our women to do the same? I like the idea of the lawn thing... :king:

On second thought....lets not. Have you seen the orcas lately?

Jungle said:

Agreed.  All those in favour?  Aye!
Don't forget, this culture burns the widow alive at the husbands funeral pyre, because she'll be damaged goods and no man will have her.  This is a strannnnnnggggeeeee culture...
;D BYTD

Well today it rained pretty hard where I live. I guess naked women can solve most problems  ;)

You must live in Trenton, I thought I saw a few cats and dogs!
Meh! it beats "it's raining men" [song]
Which brings to the surface the question oh HOW we all ended up in clothes and it became taboo to walk around nude-naked-unclothed, etc?  Cavemen didn't think it wrong.  :2c:

We had a Queen some time ago named Victoria, that was partly to blame.
Even the piano legs were covered in her day, for fear that an exposed piano leg would make people....amourous. I guess that's why Fanny Hill was written!! ;D

Oh and by the way, did you see the piece on the Saudi "beauty" queen?

Ok I will be the first to say it:

This Thread is useless without pictures. ;D

If anyone is plowing naked in the Ottawa-Kingston area, I wish they'd stop.  I'm tired of rain!  :( 

Back