• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

in person only?

TeddyKGB

Inactive
Reaction score
I live in lachute Que. and the closest recruiting center is in Montreal over 1 hour away by car..I have no car and nobody I know can give me a ride up during its opening hours..anyway I can apply other than in person?

If you aren't willing to make the effort to find a way to get to the recruiting centre, you don't really want it enough. As far as I know you can download all the recruiting forms off of the DND website, that way you only need to make one trip. You can rent a car, or beg a ride from a friend, and pay for the gas, take a bus.... whatever. If you really want to enlist, you can.

Because I'm nice:

http://www.recruiting.forces.gc.ca/engraph/howtojoin/application_form_e.aspx

I don't think the first option works (at least not for me).

I believe www.jointheforces.com was initiating a new online application process, atleast check it out.

Cheers.

TeddyKGB said:
I live in lachute Que. and the closest recruiting center is in Montreal over 1 hour away by car..I have no car and nobody I know can give me a ride up during its opening hours..anyway I can apply other than in person?

You're going to have to be able to get there at some point anyway for your testing, so I suggest you figure out how you're going to do it, and use the same method to get there to apply. Count on at least two trips there - one to apply, and one to do testing.

When you go in for your testing, the CF will pay for your bus fare, including Greyhound. As for putting in your application, it's always nice to go in so you can talk to someone. They can answer all of your questions and give you a lot of information that may be difficult to find on-line. If you're that serious about joining, you'll find a way.

Cheers.

You don't have to apply in person. You can, as mentioned earlier, apply on-line at jointheforces.com. I actually used this method. I had been to the CFRC over several lunch hours and to discuss entry plans etc. with Recruiters however. You complete the form on-line and a copy will be saved for you. You can track the status on-line as well with your username. Once you have completed the form you will receive an email with instructions detailing which documents must be mailed to the Montreal CFRC. (education transcripts, copy of your birth certificate, screening sheet, signed copy of the application form and maybe other documents depending on your situation.) The email will tell you where you can obtain copies of the forms on-line.

Count on at least two trips there
or more. In my case, I had a bad cold and I may have to take my medical a second time. There are other tests to consider in addition to the CFAT, medical / physical and they may be at different locations. For example, I also have to take the PT, Vision and blood test; all on different days and all in different locations. You will need to visit these testing centres specifically so you will need some way of getting around. Montreal may have a different set up however.

You can always call the 800 number for general questions. They were helpful when I had just one or two quick questions. I guess that would depend on if you already know what you want to do or if you are just considering joining the CF and are looking for advice on choosing an occupation. If you do know, apply on-line and then find a way to these appointments. Good luck.

Grrrr! Online application form doesn't support Mac browsers!!  >:(

Ah well. Off to 4900 Yonge St I go.....

Grrrr! Online application form doesn't support Mac browsers!!

You can still print the forms available from <a href="http://www.jointheforces.com/engraph/howtojoin/application_form_e.aspx"> Here </a> and send them in using snail mail or express...

MG said:
You can still print the forms available from <a href="http://www.jointheforces.com/engraph/howtojoin/application_form_e.aspx"> Here </a> and send them in using snail mail or express...

Yeah....I've already filled out the forms, I just need to find a day that my friend and I are both off work in order to deliver the papers in person. I've just been getting impatient, so I thought that applying online might cure my frustration.  :)

TeddyKGB said:
Just tell your current boss that you are sick.  Then go for an hours walk it'll do you some good.  ;D
Cabose

Cabose said:
Just tell your current boss that you are sick.   Then go for an hours walk it'll do you some good.   ;D
Cabose
I'm sure the CF would love to have anyone who can walk at 100km/h :D

Before you go arranging a ride, etc. at this time of year, call ahead and make sure the recruiting centre is open and not on shut down for the CHRISTMAS holiday, season.

They will pay you some sort of mileage claim as well, if you are coming from outta town.  Perhaps Kincannucks can confirm this, but when i went 2 years ago they gave me $ 4.00 for walking 1 block! (came from work).

cheers

PV

Seriously,

I went to the closest stock broker after my interview and told them to go heavy!

cheers  ;)

PV

After applying online thru E-Recruiting, you will eventually have to go to a Recruiting center.  However, they will reimburse some of your expenses. 

Good luck,

Back