• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Im Applying for DSM of my corps

sgt.pongo

Inactive
Reaction score
I want be the DSM of my corps....I asked my co if I could seeing as the position was open.  She told me that her son,who has quit and was the old DSM had said to her that I had a very good drill voice and good drill.  She told me this and I want to know if you think that what she said might seem like she is considering it, because the people I ask say that they dont care, so I would love to have your opinion.

Mod Edit: try typing in actual proper english next time please.. Remember we are the Royal Canadian Army Cadets  not the Royal Canadian L337 Hax0rs from ze G to ze H to zr etto.

thanks,
K

;D Thanks,  Also congrats it sounds like she is really considering it,

Do you really think so? i am only a sgt. so i dont know. However i got a full sgt. before a differnt sgt. He is only an acting sgt. but he is better then i am.Or at least it think. But thanks for the congrats. i wonder if anyone else  will look at this and give me their feed back.

My DSM was a sgt when he got the position... now he is the RSM and got triple promo'd to CWO

If you know your stuff, you will have no problem.

- Shawn

shawn do you think i know my stuff. you are in my corps. and your DSM is really lucky then. hey shawn, umm i was wondering if you nkew your turns on the march. i always have trouble with them i got taught them and got them but i keep on getting confuzed do you think you could help me one dya, say mabey we could get together and you can help me, i dont think going for DSM and not completely knowing you turns on the march is a good thing.

sure i can help you, anytime, send me a PM me, when you want to get together

- Shawn

okay i will. umm i think it should be before cadets starts agian. but i dont know when. it all depends upon your sechuadle and mine. because i have to work. okay but for sure i will get back to you on that. thanks for you help shawn.

shaylee

promotions and apointments aren't everything in cadets you know.

I am also one of the candidates being considered for CSM of my corp. It is rather difficult for me because the other main candidate has a lot of family in the corp and there is a  lot of favouritism. Any suggestions on how I could go about making myself look better without making a *** of myself??

"In a proper core, you shouldnt have to kiss a** just to get promoted because they should already assume you want a promotion" (taken from a W.O. and a good friend)...but, try to have better Drill, Dress, and Deportment. than "The Other Guy", D&C helps, but shouldnt be required if you know your stuff, and above all display good leadership qualities & ability towards all your subordinates, you will be bound to be noticed eventually.

- Shawn

well i dont kiss a** yeah i need to learn my turns fast because  i have ot teach a lession on them....haha

The Crowe said:
My DSM was a sgt when he got the position... now he is the RSM and got triple promo'd to CWO
I congratulate your RSM, however in my opinion no cadet in any circumstance should be triple promoted.

Papke said:
try to have better Drill, Dress, and Deportment. than "The Other Guy", D&C helps, but shouldnt be required if you know your stuff, ...
Yes CLI D&C is a good course ... but don't rely on qualifications to make you a leader.   Your actions, abilities, and personal deportment are what can make you a respectable leader.   I did CLI Band and it never once stopped me from getting to CWO.

My advice to those seeking appointments and/or promotion.   Show that your confident in your actions and abilities ... don't be arrogant, but have confidence.   Set an appropriate example, and take inititave.   Those things, along with good drill dress and deportment are the ways that I notice people in my corps.

Back