• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

If you couldn't be a XXXXX

Red Devil

Inactive
Reaction score
I thought this might be an interesting topic for potential recruits like myself.

I'd like to ask existing and former members of the forces  - if you had you were to re-start your career, and couldn't have the same job, which forces job would you take instead?

Thanks.

Infantry.

Failed the eye test, and took another route. (No regrets)

Got lucky enough to be in a LOG unit that did alot of combat type stuff in the field.

Hammer Sandwich said:
Infantry.

Failed the eye test, and took another route. (No regrets)

Got lucky enough to be in a LOG unit that did alot of combat type stuff in the field.

TacHel pilot, or medic at a field amb. Tons of respect for both of those trades. Hell, lots of respect for most trades, but those two stand out just a bit in my eyes.

Can't say my career is really started since I haven't even finished training yet, but right now my trade is Infantry and if I had to switch I'd switch to Combat Engineer or JAG Officer

Fighter Pilot!! (including the possibility of "ejection seat" wings! LMAO!)

Reg force?

Armoured recce....(I know, it's not a real trade).

Something in the Navy? I always wanted to travel...my friend is in the Navy and he was talking to me from Tonga....

RegF: AESOP, Medic, or MP (actually those are the choice I put on my CT  ;D)

PRes, Medic, or Armoured back when they still had the AVGP's... once they went to Iltis and G-Wagon it lost a lot of it's cool factor for me.... Either that, or I woulda gone Something Navy...

HCA; civ opportunities are amazing.  Although AESOP would be pretty cool as well.

Electrician.  Only for the money I could make when I got out.  ;)

even though i'm just beginning Fresh off DP2A (PRes Inf) I wouldn't mind being a Clearance Diver in the Navy, or a Combat Engineer would be awesome.

Hull Tech,

Instead went Infantry Para/Recce, wasn't bad anyways.

We had nothing like CSOR or JTF2 when I first joined. I definitely would have tried those. Kids these days, they don't know how good they have it!

Regardless, I've finally made it into the SAS (Saturday and Sunday)  ;D

If I couldn't be a sig op, I'd be ecstatic. Trucker maybe?

Back