• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I bit of support for the big guys who are trying to lose a little... or alot

• Thread starter Thread starter baudspeed
  • Start date Start date
I'm 5'8 and 200, down from 230 when I was drinking and eating meat. I'm a little skinnier, but I have bugger all for muscle since I went back to school and started munching broccoli! As of today I can exceed the running requirements, but the push-up count is stuck at one. Eighteen more to go to make September BMQ!

Cdn Blackshirt said:
Your dietician is wrong my friend....

http://care.diabetesjournals.org/cgi/content/full/30/7/e59

Matthew.   ;)

Funny, she provided me with a hard copy of the same test, noting that it is the only one that has had these results and that it flags it as an issue for hypoglycemia in athletes.  Virtually, all other empirical tests indicate the contrary.  I should note that no one challenges the methodology or the results of the tests, just where they fight in the big scheme of things.  You will note that the authors of the study indicate that the glycemic result may have been due to a "cephalic phase of insulin secretion evoked by the recognition of the sweet taste, sight, smell, and expectation of food " rather than the ingestion of aspartame.  Translation:  mind over matter.  The brain anticipated 'sweetness/sugar' and triggered the production of insulin as a response.

No offense intended, but when dealing with an issue as significant as hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia, I believe people should listen to the advice of registered professionals who are competent to comment on 'one-off' studies like this within the totality of the research, rather than in isolation.  I make this comment not knowing your background.

Back