• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I am the biggest idiot on the forums, I am wondering what will happen to me?

futureCFsoldier

Inactive
Reaction score
Okay so, I am going to recieve a lot of critization for this and I know you all mst despise people like myself but, here is my situation. I applied for the local reserves (RHLI) through a CO-OP program offered through my school board. I started my process almost 5 months ago, I was 16 when sworn in, in december but turned 17 a couple days later. I was in semester one of my highschool year 4, I am now two weeks into semester two and tommorow is the start day to BMQ. I just found out that my marks i obtained last semester were not high enough to get into university. My parents wanted me to sign back up at my home school, so i did, and threatened to withdraw consent, i dont know how they can do that, but it doesn't matter because i rather worry about my education at the moment. I was already sort of regreting my choice to join the reserves so fast. Tommorow when i show up tommorow, i am brining my kit, and want to request a voluntary release, how do i do this? also how long will it take, to get over with, because i dont want to miss anymore school? I am deeply sorry to the disgrace i put toward everyone here, and how badly i screwed up, I am aware I wasted tax payers money, the Forces money and time to recruit me. I used the search engine from google, yahoo, and on here, i got allot of info on here compared to anywhere else, but not a clear answer. Once again I am deeply sorry to everyone, and any critizing or yelling i get here, or tommorow is well deserved, thank you for your time.

futureCFsoldier said:
I am deeply sorry to the disgrace i put toward everyone here, and how badly i screwed up, I am aware I wasted tax payers money, the Forces money and time to recruit me. I used the search engine from google, yahoo, and on here, i got allot of info on here compared to anywhere else, but not a clear answer. Once again I am deeply sorry to everyone, and any critizing or yelling i get here, or tommorow is well deserved, thank you for your time.

Relax! There are greater tragedies in the world, I assure you!

When you show up to your BMQ course ask to speak with the platoon commander or warrant officer.  Explain to them that there has been a chance in your situation at home and at school and you would like to request a voluntary release from the Canadian Forces.

you'll have to write a memo saying why you want to quit which isnt a big deal, one of the staff can help you.

They might make you wait 24 hours to reconsider but if you are confident that you want to quit they may start processing you right away.

The retention in co-op programs are horrible, it's not going to come as a surprise to anyone that they are loosing people.

It's better that you quit now and maybe someone else can take your place instead of you quitting half way through the course. Or quitting once BMQ is done.

Or... hear me out.. Another BMQ to do down the road. ie Summer season. It's not the end of the world. Just smarten up and finish your school. Do the once a week deal with the unit until summer hits. Then do BMQ/SQ side by side...

Back