• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I am supposed to start in January

army of one

Inactive
Reaction score
I am from Ottawa and I am supposed to start boot camp in January in Montreal as an Officer.  I am not sure about being able to meet the physical requirements.  I have a bum knee and a problem shoulder.  Do you guys think I can make it through?  I am pretty tough both physically and mentally but not sure if my body can hold out.  I will crawl if I have to get to the finish line.  In my spare time I often challenge and beat people in a fight.  I have also worked as a personal bodyguard by touring celebrities.  What happens if I dont make it through the boot camp and I blow out my knee?

Perhaps less fighting and more jogging?  :-\
Unless things have gotten really slack in Montreal (which I doubt), you are going to have some real problems.  How did you get this far if you have all these physical shortcomings?  If you were deceitful with the Medical Officer, you will have even bigger problems. 
If you are fishing around for excuses for your lack of being physically prepared, I would suggest you get out and run every single day until you have to report at least 5 k, regardless of how long it takes you.  You will at least have the ball rolling in the way of becoming fit.  The "crawl for the finish line" is going to be cold consolation for your coursemates who will have to pick up your slack and help you get there. 

army of one said:
I am from Ottawa and I am supposed to start boot camp in January in Montreal as an Officer.  I am not sure about being able to meet the physical requirements.  I have a bum knee and a problem shoulder.  Do you guys think I can make it through?  I am pretty tough both physically and mentally but not sure if my body can hold out.  I will crawl if I have to get to the finish line.  In my spare time I often challenge and beat people in a fight.  I have also worked as a personal bodyguard by touring celebrities.  What happens if I dont make it through the boot camp and I blow out my knee?

+1 Zipperhead.  You beat me to the punch (no pun intended).

I am surprised you made it through the medical if you have a bum knee and a shoulder problem.  Have you seen a physiotherapist?  And maybe thought about not fighting people?

army of one said:
In my spare time I often challenge and beat people in a fight. 

This is something you are proud of?  ::)

just out of curiosity, what did the medical officer say about your knee ans shoulder?

army of one said:

Well the medical officer said nothing because there is no longer a physical test to get accepted.  I was cleared by a family doctor because there is nothing wrong with my shoulder and knee currently.  THey are old injuries that have happened numerous times.

army of one said:
I am not sure about being able to meet the physical requirements.  I have a bum knee and a problem shoulder. 

army of one said:
Well the medical officer said nothing because there is no longer a physical test to get accepted.  I was cleared by a family doctor because there is nothing wrong with my shoulder and knee currently.  THey are old injuries that have happened numerous times.

There is still a medical to get in.  Did you mention these issues during your medical?  Then....to point out the obvious, you stated first that you have a bum knee and a problem shoulder.....after which you said there is nothing wrong.  ::)

army of one said:

Who told you there is no physical test?  You may be in for a rude awakening when you have to do the 20 m shuttle run.  And if they are old injuries that keep recurring it is only going to get worse. 
Just out of curiosity, how fast can you run a mile?  And have you gone for a run with extra weight added? 

army of one said:

sorry all, I am calling this one!

I am supposed to be going to boot camp?

Beat and challenge people in fights?

I smell noting but pure BS, and yes its steaming still.

Just READ his post.

Poser in training, and judging by the maturity level of the word picture, yet again, sounds like another 14 yr old with yet another military/Rambo fantasy.

In my opinion, the closest he has been to the CFRC is an add on the TV, and perhaps a name change to Army of None is needed. I don't think this guy would pass the pshyc test, and in reality the medical, with all his war injuries from the past.

No proper or simple introduction on a first post, and yet another empty profile to match. We have seen this all too often.

Enough said, and let the meltdown commence.

Wes

Yes Wes, sounds like the same too me; especially with 'officier material'; After spending 4+years doing medicals at recruiting, I kind of wonder about the bum knee & shoulder - though I did my last medical for recruiting early summer, things have changed... ???...have the interviews changed also by MCC / military career counsellor  ???

Not one of you took the time to answer my most important question of what happens if I blow out my knee during training camp?  All of you took the time to try and decifer and tear my post apart but did not spend any time doing anything worthwhile.  Thanks everybody for all the great advice, it has been a great deal of help (this would be sarcasm for all that cant figure it out).  If it makes all of you feel better about yourselves to try and bring someone else down then all the power to you.  I asked a serious question but it was only answered with comments that are a joke.

How did I know this was coming?

Army.ca Conduct Guidelines: MUST READ - http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/24937.0.html

MSN and ICQ "short hand"http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/33247.0.html

Regarding the use of "MSN speak" versus the employment of prose which is correct in grammar, spelling and punctuation, please see: http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/34015/post-260446.html#msg260446

Tone and Content on Army.ca: http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/51970.0.html

FRIENDLY ADVICE TO NEW MEMBERS - http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/24937/post-259412.html#msg259412

Recruiting FAQ - http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/21101.0.html

• Canadian Forces Aptitude Test - http://army.ca/forums/threads/21101/post-103977.html#msg103977
  • Fitness requirements at enrolment, see page 12 of this brochure: http://64.254.158.112/pdf/physical_fitness_en.pdf

Infantry FAQ - http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/21131.0.html

Search page - http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php?action=search;advanced

Google search of Army.ca - http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=+site%3Aarmy.ca+%22search+term%22&btnG=Search&meta= (follow the link then replace "search term" with what you are looking for)

Army.ca wiki pages - http://army.ca/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

To summarize. Welcome to Army.ca, start reading.

Ah thanks for the actual help with all the links of things to read.  To the person who put the crying face, you are a punk and just proved my point of immaturity.  I hope you are not a sign of the people in the army I will meet.

Read my profile, I'm a civy...

And thank you for the punk, always wanted to add a little colour to my hair,
and some metal to my face, but was to shy for it...

Now I know that I don't need that to reveal my thrue inner self :

PUNK LADY  :-*

Édith: spelling

army of one said:
Ah thanks for the actual help with all the links of things to read.  To the person who put the crying face, you are a punk and just proved my point of immaturity.  I hope you are not a sign of the people in the army I will meet.

Many of the people on this forum are in the military or in the process of becoming a part of the military so you can be sure that you will meet some of these people.  While I can understand your desire to lash out you would be better served to just take it and remain silent.

As for your questions regarding injury during BMQ do a search using the terms "injured", "injuries", "BMQ".

army of one said:

It depends what you mean by that. See you at IAP.

Buddy, If you are really starting in janurary, then welcome...

But with that attitude, it is likely that you will blend in easy.  Think of changing your attidute....

army of one said:
Not one of you took the time to answer my most important question of what happens if I blow out my knee during training camp?  All of you took the time to try and decifer and tear my post apart but did not spend any time doing anything worthwhile.  Thanks everybody for all the great advice, it has been a great deal of help (this would be sarcasm for all that cant figure it out).  If it makes all of you feel better about yourselves to try and bring someone else down then all the power to you.  I asked a serious question but it was only answered with comments that are a joke.

What if you get hit by a meteorite?  The point here is that if you have a medical condition that may be aggravated by exercise, you need to make it known.  So maybe you need to wait a few months until you can get medically cleared?  That is better than being deceitful with the Med O. 
So far as what have you gotten out of it?  Well in addition to some nice links that with a bit of initiative on your part you could have gotten, you just introduced yourself to the military.  Remember what they say about first impressions.  Congrats.  You just made yours.  So to sum up:  a fight starter that is a potential medical anchor that can't handle criticism.  You think you are just some anamorphic electronic glob on a computer screen?  These are the people whom you will be working with.  Also people who will be counting on you to be able to be fit enough to carry them to a medivac without having to say "I can't carry heavy loads.  I have a bum knee from doing "special duties" at the Elton John concert". 
As for none of us doing anything "worthwhile" sorry we failed to live up to your lofty standards.  Funny, first chance you get you pick a fight just because we didn't take "the time to answer my most important question".  Well here you go:  you get hurt and get declared unfit to deploy, you are toast.  How's that?  And now that you have posted your sub par attitude on the premiere venue for military information in Canada, how many chances do you think you will be extended?  Don't think that just because they haven't put up a post there are not many people that read these.  By way of illustration:

Reply #17 on: Today at 19:45:40 = People who have bothered to acknowledge you

Topic: I am supposed to start in January  (Read 188 times) = People who have read how you are coming across and are making their own conclusions. 

If your body is hurt, get it fixed.  If your feelings are hurt, suck it up.  You are trying to be a soldier. 

Back