• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I am Canadian

muskrat89 said:
I did  just that and have made out just fine for over 15 years. Frankly, I think I have had more opportunity here than I would have in Canada

I agree. It will be 15 yrs in January for me.

I am more of a success here in Australia then I ever could be in Canada. Here I am stronger, better, more independant and appreciate things more especially family (due to distance).

In Australia, I am someone. In Canada I am just someone else. Although I no longer live in Canada, I do love her, and I am very proud of my Canadian and Northern Irish heritage.

As for FE's first post in this thread, its all tongue in cheek humour, and I got a chuckle out of it. If we can't make fun of ourselves without touching a nerve, well thats a shame.

In Australia, I am someone. In Canada I am just someone else. Although I no longer live in Canada, I do love her, and I am very proud of my Canadian and Northern Irish heritage.

Agree wholeheartedly. In Australia the United States, I am someone. In Canada I am just someone else. Although I no longer live in Canada, I do love her, and I am very proud of my Canadian and Northern IrishScots heritage.

When I was a senior in High School, I wanted to have a career as a Game Warden. I went down to NB DNR and talked to them. Their advice? Talk to your MLA. Friends and family ran similar gauntlets, getting into Federal jobs. In all of my years in the US, I rise and fall on my own merits. That's enough of a difference for me.

In my own house I am someone (when my wife says it's OK)

:)

...so lets all go out, get drunk and be someone then ;D

Jammer said:
...so lets all go out, get drunk and be someone then ;D

Yes, lets!  :nod:  I think the original post was for fun.  Nice debate, though!

Otis said:
In my own house I am someone (when my wife says it's OK)

:)

Oh dear.....it's time you start paying your own share of the mortgage then?  ;D

Once you do, it become 50-50 share doesn't it?  ;D

ruckmarch said:
Oh dear.....it's time you start paying your own share of the mortgage then?  ;D

Once you do, it become 50-50 share doesn't it?  ;D

You're not married I take it? :P

To an addition to the title,

Wolverine too is Canadian from what it is reveled in "X-Men Origins: Wolverine"

And he kicks the a** of all the bad guys!

For once, Americans (at least Marvel Comics) have admitted that made in Canada lead to the best!

Antoine said:
To an addition to the title,

Wolverine too is Canadian from what it is reveled in "X-Men Origins: Wolverine"

And he kicks the a** of all the bad guys!

For once, Americans (at least Marvel Comics) have admitted that made in Canada lead to the best!

In the comics perhaps, but didn't Hollywood just make him American (from Alaska)?

In the last movie, Wolverine is Canadian, ran away to USA when he was a kid, recruited by US army, but ended breaking the law.

So came back in Canada to have an honest and quiet life in the Rockies. No more guns shot, neither fight.

His past caught on him, go back in US as a good guy cleaning out the country from bad Americans.

But that's the catch: Now that he is a super hero, and we are all proud of him, at the end of the movie, he loose his memory and ends up believing his American.

Moral of the story: If we end up a world wide super-hero, with all the fame, we should not forget that we are Canadian  ;)

Back