• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hwy Of Hero's Decal

Agent13

Inactive
Reaction score
I don't know if I have this posted in the right section, but I am looking for a few more decals like this:

HighwayOfHeros.jpg

I got this decal off of a Firefighter who was participating in the Red Fridays Repatriation Memorial drive. I put it on the back of my truck and have been asked a few times where I got it, and could I get more.
I can get them remade via scan, but it's fairly costly for a minimum run order.
If anyone knows who originally had these made and can put me in touch that would be greatly appreciated.
I believe the Firefighter was from the Ajax/Whitby area & was driving a red Dodge Dakota Ext .

I wonder if the Legion has produced this, or approved it.  I know that they refused a request to allow someone to reproduce the sign as a lapel pin because they wouldn't approve the use of the Poppy image.  All of the profits were even to be dedicated to a program in support of the children of fallen soldiers.

Good question re use of the Poppy image. I think there was only a small number of these made, I am certain they were not produced for any financial gain. As I remember the conversation with the gentleman, he had maybe a dozen or so produced at his own cost, I just happened to be standing right beside him when he was showing my buddy & I asked him if he would part with one.

Gents I can check out whether or not this has been approved on Monday if you like. As an employee of the Legion I have not seen anything about this. We do  regularly get memo's regarding the use of the Poppy image. And as Michael has stated any and all use of the Poppy has to be approved by Dominion Command in Ottawa.

military granny said:
Gents I can check out whether or not this has been approved on Monday if you like. As an employee of the Legion I have not seen anything about this. We do  regularly get memo's regarding the use of the Poppy image. And as Michael has stated any and all use of the Poppy has to be approved by Dominion Command in Ottawa.

If they are approved and are available, that would be great. If they are not approved, I will not have it reproduced in keeping with the Legion's use of the Poppy image. I think you will find that they were made with "best intentions" and not for financial gain of any sort, and probably in very small numbers. I have never seen another one of these in my area.

Back