• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How to size yourself for a beret

armyvern

Army.ca Myth
Mentor
Reaction score
Searched through the forums to see if this had been adressed previously and couldn't seem to find it. Lately I've been getting a lot of phonecalls at work (and some PMs here) asking how to size yourself for a beret without actually trying one on. So here goes:

Use 9erDs measuring tape to measure the circumference around your head at the point where you want the rim of your beret to sit. Use the following chart to convert to your proper beret size:

Available sizes       Head Circumference

6-1/4    =       19.75"   (50cm)
    6-3/8    =       20.12"   (51cm)
    6-1/2    =       20.50"   (52cm)
    6-5/8    =       20.87"   (53cm)
    6-3/4    =       21.25"   (54cm)
    6-7/8    =       21.62"   (55cm)
    7          =       22.00"   (56cm)
    7-1/8    =       22.37"   (57cm)
    7-1/4    =       22.75"   (58cm)
    7-3/8    =       23.12"   (59cm)
    7-1/2    =       23.50"   (60cm)
    7-5/8    =       23.87"   (61cm)
    7-3/4    =       24.87"   (63cm)
    8          =       25.25"   (64cm)

Just remember gentlemen, please use 9erDs nice soft sewing basket measuring tape for this, not your multi-use metallic, clip-on, man-type measuring tape.....besides getting an improper fit, you might take out your eye!!   ;D
Veronica

Thank you. Me and my beret thank you. It's properly sized, I think it's a user probem here. I finally got it good (I hope). Dern beret will be the death of me yet!

NavComm said:
Thank you. Me and my beret thank you. It's properly sized, I think it's a user probem here. I finally got it good (I hope). Dern beret will be the death of me yet!

Okee Dokee  :-[

when you get sized up for your beret, can you let whoever is sizing you up know, how you would like to wear it. for example, just above the eyebrows or in the middle of your forehead??

mike said:
when you get sized up for your beret, can you let whoever is sizing you up know, how you would like to wear it. for example, just above the eyebrows or in the middle of your forehead??
On basic, you wear the beret how they tell you too. After you can wear it the way you want.

Also, the size of the beret doesn't effect how you wear it.

Back