• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

how much does it cost to live in the shacks in borden

raythibert

Inactive
Reaction score
I am re-entering the army & am being by-pasted for basic I was a reservist before so I never had to think about the cost of living in the shacks.  I will be going directly to Borden for my trades training & need to do my budget 1st.  any info would be helpful.

Depends if you already have a mortgage or lease back home. If you do r&b is free. Otherwise it's $477/month taken off your cheque.

JordanB said:
Depends if you already have a mortgage or lease back home. If you do r&b is free. Otherwise it's $477/month taken off your cheque.

Wrong.  If you have a house, you will still pay for rations but not for quarters, if the info in this thread is accurate.  If you have dependents (spouse, child) you will not pay for R&Q at all.

PMedMoe said:
Wrong.  If you have a house, you will still pay for rations but not for quarters, if the info in this thread is accurate.  If you have dependents (spouse, child) you will not pay for R&Q at all.

Depends what your 'status' is. I didn't pay a dime in Borden when I was there on TD for my summer trg, and I have a primary place of residence elsewhere.

Piper said:
Depends what your 'status' is. I didn't pay a dime in Borden when I was there on TD for my summer trg, and I have a primary place of residence elsewhere.

Being on TD is different from being posted.

Back