• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How many Class A days equal one Class B day?

blacktriangle

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
I have asked around my unit and haven't heard a solid answer, not having seen the CC in a while. I'm CT'ing to the reg force, and want to bypass Basic, but do SQ again before BIQ.

I have alot of class A days for a person with as little time in as I have, but not a great deal of class B. Is there an equation such as two class A days = one of B service? I think I need something like 60 class B days to bypass basic, but even the CFRC hasnt given me a number.

Will my class A days be counted when they see how many days I have worked? I'm wondering cause if there is such an equation, it would make my situation much easier.

If anyone has knowledge of this, or an idea of where I can check, it would be appreciated. Search hasn't turned up much, except that I need at least 56 days to RSBP.

Thanks in advance.

Class B and C counts day for day and class A counts as quarter time.  They don't count the number of actual days, it's period.  So, 1 year of class A service counts as 3 months.  Does that make sense?

Ok so if by time my CT gets reviewed I have 1.5 yrs in the p.res, two months of class b, and lots of extra class A above normal parades and weekends, am I likely to get past at least BMQ? No one at the CFRC can give me an answer it seems, and with the new online CT process, I haven't been getting alot of info.

Whats the magic number for time served or quals? I know a DP2 qual'd reservist that was told to go back to basic despite 2 years service and some class b, maybe I should just give up and redo basic?

Thanks for your help though beachbum!  :)

popnfresh said:
Ok so if by time my CT gets reviewed I have 1.5 yrs in the p.res, two months of class b, and lots of extra class A above normal parades and weekends, am I likely to get past at least BMQ? No one at the CFRC can give me an answer it seems, and with the new online CT process, I haven't been getting alot of info.

Whats the magic number for time served or quals? I know a DP2 qual'd reservist that was told to go back to basic despite 2 years service and some class b, maybe I should just give up and redo basic?

Thanks for your help though beachbum!  :)

Ask for your CF 1007 Statement of Reserve Force Service through your OR, and the calculation of Class B days they give you. If I remember correctly, the magic number for a Recruit School By-Pass was somewhere in the 52-58 full time days.

Edit:

Found it, 56 days Class B, as shown here:

http://forums.milnet.ca/forums/threads/40493/post-344842.html#msg344842

Beadwindow 7 said:
Ask for your CF 1007 Statement of Reserve Force Service through your OR, and the calculation of Class B days they give you. If I remember correctly, the magic number for a Recruit School By-Pass was somewhere in the 52-58 full time days.

Edit:

Found it, 56 days Class B, as shown here:

http://forums.milnet.ca/forums/threads/40493/post-344842.html#msg344842

Awesome, thanks. I had found that number through search as well, but wasn't sure how my class A time would factor in. I've worked many monthes straight of max Class A days, so I'm glad it will account for at least quarter time. Now to do the math...

Once again, Merci!!

Doing extra class A doesn't count for anything.  Whether you worked 2 or 20 days in a given time period  (eg 4 months) you will only get credited 1 month.

Back