• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

how far?

siege

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi i am just wondering in basic training, how far exactly is the usual morning run. A buddy of mine is in basic training right now and is currently on week 3 i believe.  He said the first run was 15km. but this kid is known for his story telling and lies. A guy from my town who has been in the army for a few years now and has served one tour in afghanistan said the max that they ran in BMQ was roughly 5km depending whether they had gotten in trouble or not.  So i was just looking to clear things up and see if my buddy is just making up bull**** to amp himself up to the people who havent gone there yet.  I have looked everywhere for this answer but i haven't really gotten a clear answer.  If someone could help me out that would be great. Thanks

I can't speak for all, but the longest run we had was 9 km, one day (first day of BOTP).  Other than that all runs were one lap around the outer perimeter of the Mega (about 4.8 km if I remember correctly) with frequent stops for push-up, chin-ups, squats, or <insert random exercise here>, not all that demanding.

Hey Siege,

I remember starting week one at 3k-5k and topping out around 7-8k.  15k would take too long and wear out too many recruits before the classes started.  I'd place more emphasis on the physical testing such as the fireman carry, chin ups, push ups, shuttle run and forced march (in full gear) once you've Mastered a 5km run in a decent time.

J

Thanks alot guys I couldnt have asked for a better response.  I have another question thats been picking away at me as well. The first shuttle run test as soon as you start BMQ, you are running to 20m in between beeps to reach level 6 correct? In my school we do this for physical testing as well and we are able to miss one beep but we have to beat the next beep in order to keep going with the run, is that the way this test works also, or is it if you miss one beep your done? If I could get some insight on that it would be much appreciated

siege said:
Thanks alot guys I couldnt have asked for a better response.  I have another question thats been picking away at me as well. The first shuttle run test as soon as you start BMQ, you are running to 20m in between beeps to reach level 6 correct? In my school we do this for physical testing as well and we are able to miss one beep but we have to beat the next beep in order to keep going with the run, is that the way this test works also, or is it if you miss one beep your done? If I could get some insight on that it would be much appreciated

If you are not back to the next line before the beep you are given one warning and if you miss another one you are toast.

siege said:

For the Beep Test you will get a Warning if you miss the timing for a Line.  If you make up the time then the Warning disappears.  If you don't make up the time, then you are out.

Under 35 years of age males require to reach Level 10.5 for exempt.

Mapmyrun.com.

One loop along the road ≈ 2.5km

Not all runs follow this path and not all runs are one loop.

Here is a rough approximation of the route talked about by Adamant (approx. 3.6 km).

Back