• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How‘s the food?

My favorite is the salmon filet... no one in my section really liked it so I ate it alot! The ham steak in mustard sauce is horrid! I definitly recommend adding the rice packets (2/3 of it at least) to the accompaning entres. If you‘re eating hot IMP‘s, add the petit pain to the hot water with the entres. Makes it nice and soft!

very first IMP breakfast... partially cooked ham steak and raisin sauce :( . I love the breakfast in the mess though. Best thing in the world. They had pretty much anything you could imagine for breakfast. It was great. :D :D

oh and I forgot, Just a Sig Op, I have met a couple soldiers from the British army who have served with Canada on our bases and such who all say that the CF has the best food, IMP‘s included.
...Maybe thats why you see fat soldiers... the food is just too good to resist...

British rations taste like @$$. Do not eat them, trust me IMPs taste waaayyy better. My uncle brought some over for for me to try and I almost gagged. I‘d rather eat ham steak then British rations.

I don‘t know about you guys but IMP‘s are a bit like eating beans, if you know what I mean.

(beans, beans the musical fruit........)

Here‘s a site with all kinds of info on IMPs. It also has stuff about US and (shudder) British rations. Could there be anything worse then British Army food? :p

http://www.mreinfo.com/imps.html

I agree that the vegetarian meal packs far surpass the normal IMP line-up. Hard to argue with bagel chips, vegetarian lasagna and sunflower seeds.

However, being a vegetarian for the most part, I stand by the IMP and just suck it up when I draw my ham steak: The logistics of running the vegetarian meals around in the field are mind boggling, nevermind the angst that can be generated when everyone else suffers with a lesser meal.

I would like to see the CF incorporate a vegetarian IMP that is just thrown in the normal box along with all the rest.

I would really like to hear some comments on this happy little issue.

Americans have that in the MRE‘s. Something like 2 veggie meals per box. It‘s deffinitely a good idea but don‘t hold your breath.

Im no vegetarian, but i understand where your coming from. They should incorporate at least 1 vegetarian IMP into the set, how much trouble could it be? They have those Salmon Fillet IMPS? Why not go the next step..

Who knows, mabye I‘ll like em :D

I would imagine that somone who‘s vegetarian or who has religious requirements would get sick of the vegetarian meals pretty quick... considering EVERY time you get the accessory pack, it‘s ALWAYS the same food.

I mean, it‘s good, but still. Actually, the bagel chips are deadly...

Oh come on... the ham steak isn‘t that bad... hamsteak in mustard sauce is actually have decent (At least I think so... I don‘t go actively looking for it, but I don‘t complain about it when I‘ve got it).

Meatballs are still my favorite, though I usually dump four or five packets of pepper down with it.

And I noticed somthing after looking at that MRE site... all of the MREs he‘s got photographed haev a tiny bottle of Franks Redhot hot sauce... *sigh* to think I had to actually BUY a bottle to bring with me. Worth every cent though ;)

Improvised
Meat
Products

The food does lack, but when your wet, tired and hungry, it goes down pretty nice, even if it‘s not totaly hot.

The bread from 1812 is a real treat though with peanut butter or jam.

I have gotten a couple fruit bars that were rock solid.

I was suprised at the cabbage rolls though, pretty good once you remove the cabbage.

The mashed potatoes are edible with hot water and salt (mix the salt in with the water).

The box lunch though, I can not stand processed cheese!! Add some lettuce, mayo and Balderson cheddar and you‘re all set!

Back