• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hottest New Gear

Status
Not open for further replies.
That guy in the above picture can't be in the military. He's three cheeseburgers short of a coronary. is that an "air softer" or what?

Red 6 said:
That guy in the above picture can't be in the military. He's three cheeseburgers short of a coronary. is that an "air softer" or what?

Yes he is an airsofter. I read somewhere else that he is a really nice guy and he never meant for the picture to be distributed (obviously).

Farmboy said:
The opposite is the soldier wearing issued kit that is held together with paracord and gun tape.  :-*
I have a set of webbing like that...  for the longest time, I couldn't get issued a Tac Vest.  They were issued to the regiment while I was on tour.  when I got off tour, I went to ask for one, and I was asked if I was deploying, I said "NO, I just got off tour" and the sup tech tells me that only people who are part of the TAT, or are deploying are allowed to have them... 
It took me two years to finally get one.  I got it about a month ago.  The funny thing is I haven't had a chance to wear it since I got it!

Rice0031 said:
Hahahahahahahaaa, laughed hard at "gear queer"...

Why do people spend money on kit they don't need assuming they already have the issued stuff that does the same job?
But I wouldn't know, I'm not in yet. I guess the "common sense" thing doesn't apply.  ::)
(Am I out of my lane? If so just honk :P)

In a reserves setting you're usually good enough with issued kit for the most part. Now, some things are always *nice* to have, and some of us decide to procure certain items of our own hook at the risk of being made fun of by the Regs, LOL. I think that if the reserves tkae a better look at lesosns learned and try to adopt an honest 'train as you fight' mentality, the amount of 'gucci' kit would icnrease, but as it is we have to keep things pretty simple since we get so little training time to begin with.

Just worry about joining up and getting through your courses, and we'll get you all sorted out when you start parading with us.  ;)

Regards,

Brihard

Red 6 said:
:tank:
  I think I peed myself when I read that, as that is exactly what I was thinking. I wonder why an "airsofter" would want all that kit. The LCF is old and for newbies.
:threat:

You brought back a 5 month old thread so you could comment on a bloated airsofter?

Prd_Cdn said:
:tank:
  I think I peed myself when I read that, as that is exactly what I was thinking. I wonder why an "airsofter" would want all that kit. The LCF is old and for newbies.
:threat:

Give your head a shake and reed he last reply date.  No need to bring back dead threads  ;D

NL_engineer said:
Give your head a shake and reed he last reply date.  No need to bring back dead threads  ;D

Yeah, but it's a good thread and I missed it on the first go... so, thanks Prd_Cdn...

Great topic... funny pics...  Almost makes me feel dumb for spending upwards of $1000 on tactical gear before going to Afghanistan... Almost... if I didn't use it all in Combat.

Brihard said:
In a reserves setting you're usually good enough with issued kit for the most part. Now, some things are always *nice* to have, and some of us decide to procure certain items of our own hook at the risk of being made fun of by the Regs, LOL.

Wow, my hypocrisy meter is off the charts.........

On a Side note, I notice that this person in the photo is an airsofter. He looks like he has the same headset that we use for our PRR. Do they sell PRR's to civilians? I haven't seen anything about PRR in any searches.

I know that was off topic-Just curious.

This cover of magazine begs the question, when is the next issue of Cosmotactical out. It has been a year. I should subscribe. ;D

I'm not sure if I got the name right, but I think it's called the Bowman headset (from the UK). Anyway, they can be found on eBay quite easily. Otherwise there was a company in Hong Kong that makes a replica Bowman that fits a Motorola radio.

The US and UK also issue the PRR -- you can buy genuine ones to as a civy if you want to shell out about $2500 a pop...

Which is utterly RTFO IMHO.  A set of Peltor ComtacII's and Motorolla HT750 or Sabre - and a custom PTT dual radio setup from TEA (for a 521, 522 or 148/MBITR setup) will run less than half of that -- AND give you active ear protection too...

But wait what do I know -- I'm just an end user

TEA can also build the modular PTT so you can plug into a BlackHawk/Chinook/LittleBird comms system --or a Bell 412/CH146 Griffon for the matter...

Infidel-6 said:
Which is utterly RTFO IMHO.  A set of Peltor ComtacII's and Motorolla HT750 or Sabre - and a custom PTT dual radio setup from TEA (for a 521, 522 or 148/MBITR setup) will run less than half of that -- AND give you active ear protection too...

But wait what do I know -- I'm just an end user

TEA can also build the modular PTT so you can plug into a BlackHawk/Chinook/LittleBird comms system --or a Bell 412/CH146 Griffon for the matter...

I-6, I think you can also purchase MBITR commercially/privately.  I think you just won't have the DES3 encryption module.

G2G

https://secure.thalescomminc.com/cart2/clearDesc.asp

MBITR Clear. You can get it with the Type III DES encryption module because its not mil grade. Type I is the good stuff.

Yeah, but it's not green?!?! What kind of Army guy would want that giving away his position??  It's SO not-high speed!

Well I'll be - I am surprised the MBITR is available for civilian purchase --

Just what I need to upgrade my personal stash  ::)

Bzzliteyr said:
Yeah, but it's not green?!?! What kind of Army guy would want that giving away his position??  It's SO not-high speed!

hehe ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back