• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hey, Reservists!

Actually, lye to the reservists, is what we did when we buried some in a shallow ditch.

Usually we just Lie to them...  ;)

KevinB said:
Actually, lye to the reservists, is what we did when we buried some in a shallow ditch.

I hope you kept thier kit... that stuff is expensive!!  ;)

E-Bay   ;D

How do you think we fund pre training these days - forged SDB's and kit sales

KevinB said:
E-Bay   ;D

I think Kevin has the makings of a great CQMS some day. ;D

KevinB said:
E-Bay   ;D

.. reminds me of something I heard once on a long march:

"If you fall behind one more time, we'll hide you in the bush, re-sign the pay sheets and split up your kit!  You were never here." 

I know all the reserve  units in my area are suffering a huge lack of Res support trades.  Problem here is we get tasked on tour after tour,  and we pulling in the res log's on class "B" to fill in while we are gone, only problem, is the second some gets back  someone leaves.      Ah what a world

Techs in the militia have a really raw deal in some aspects.  It takes years to train an EME tech in the reserves (1 month BMQ, 1 month SQ, 1 month EME Common, 3-4 months for QL3s... with almost all done during summers only!!!).  Retention is also difficult since many people aren't willing to wait that long just for training, and the 3s courses quite often are not scheduled in a manner that is student friendly, quite often starting during exam times before the summer begins or digging into the new school year when the next semester starts.

Back