• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Help please!

MrRGoyer said:
Has anyone else ever made this same stupid mistake and went back in?

No.  No one here has ever done something stupid for a woman. ;D

MrRGoyer said:
Thats crazy!! Are you still waiting DogFighting101?

I actually was a bit late on getting my application in, Started in mid August, currently on the merit list, but my trade choices (avn,aws,acs tech) are currently closed.

As for the freeze, im pretty certain it has to do with the fact that they just spend about 38 billion dollars for the fabrication of new naval combat ships and the contract to have the cf-118 hornets replaced by the f-35 Lightning fighter jets.

DogFighting101 said:
As for the freeze, im pretty certain it has to do with the fact that they just spend about 38 billion dollars for the fabrication of new naval combat ships and the contract to have the cf-118 hornets replaced by the f-35 Lightning fighter jets.

Actually, I think it's because the PML are near where the big wigs want them to be. As in, there are no more free positions for new recruits.

Wait out until April 2012 when the budget passes and the SIP is released is all one can do at this point. Unless you find a reserve Regt with empty positions.

Thanks Frank I never thought this would  happen though I found an article on it

http://news.nationalpost.com

Specific link removed by Moderator because Milnet.ca does not link to that journalist's work following legal threats regarding discussion of his previous work. For those who want to see the article, it's on the National Post website titled "Canada to freeze size of regular forces, shut down facilities."

MrRGoyer said:
Thanks Frank I never thought this would  happen though I found an article on it

This country does not have unlimited resources. There will always be a cap on the size of the military.

CDN Aviator said:
This country does not have unlimited resources. There will always be a cap on the size of the military.

Unless a former CDS comes back removes said cap  ;D

CDN Aviator said:
Even the former CDS did no such thing.

Apologies. What I meant to say was that he realocated positions from certain trades to other trades, which created an overpopulation in the latter. For example, the Infantry.

MrRGoyer said:
Guess ill have to do the Ol' hurry up and wait! lol

Yeah pretty much, Trades re=open in April so try to get your s*** done before.

P.S. - CDN Aviator
"He destroyed the periodic table, because he only believes in the element of surprise."

Clever quote, made me laugh.

CDN Aviator said:
No.

Trades MAY re-open........
Is that a "if we're lucky, the stars are in alignment, and God is an unusually good mood" may, or a "pretty good chance, but no promises" may?

FlyingDutchman said:
Is that a "if we're lucky, the stars are in alignment, and God is an unusually good mood" may, or a "pretty good chance, but no promises" may?

:brickwall:

This whole thing is not a difficult concept to understand. April 1st is not some sort of magical switch that makes everything better. If we don't need people, we don't recruit any. You can only wait and see what happens.

Well  I guess I learned my lesson. Thanks for all the great responses guys :) Hurry up and wait it is!

Back