• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Heart rate question

nickhd

Inactive
Reaction score
I am taking the physical test in exactly a week.  I want to know what is the maximum bpm or percentage I can go to pass.  I just calculated that 90% of my max bpm would be 197.5 bpm.  Can I go as far as 90% during the test?

During the test?
Unless you are doing the step test, the sky is the limit - so long as you are still standing at the end.

It only has to be "acceptable" at the beginning

Are you serious?  Cuz I've been reading a lot of persons who said they stop you if it rises too much!

edit : oh my mistake, I read too fast.  I am doing the step test.

Doing the step test, you are checked before moving to the next level OR if you demonstrate having problems.
Doing the Shuttle run / "beep" test, you are only tested at the very beginning - before they allow you to proceed.

Note that the shuttle run is done in groups.... the step test is done, one at a time.
too much time would be lost testing HRs at every level

Yeah, that's the problem, since I am doing the step test, they'll have plenty of time to check out my heart rate!!  That's why I want to know if mine is too high right now... 

You can do a search on the Step test.... been discussed extensively

Again the most qualified people to answer your concerns are those working in your friendly neighbourhood recruiting centre.

i thought the steptest/shuttlerun were done at BMQ? Unless you're posting from there.

I believe Reserves/Co-ops do the physical test prior to being enrolled.  Correct me if I am wrong...

rjr said:
I believe Reserves/Co-ops do the physical test prior to being enrolled.  Correct me if I am wrong...

Yes; as so many topics have already stated, you are correct.

Back