• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Happy Thanksgiving Day!

• Thread starter 17thRecceSgt
  • Start date

17thRecceSgt

Hi all,

I thought I would take a minute to wish everyone, where ever they may be, a Happy Thanksgiving Day.

I just got back in Halifax from a weekend in St Jean with HLs (2 in a row!  :D) and you have lots of time to think about the things you are thankful for when you have a 12 hour drive that starts at 1800 hrs.  :)

From HLs and myself, a special wish to all our veterans, all soldiers, sailors, airmen and airwomen serving Canada overseas or on a deployment somewhere that takes then away from the people special to them on this holiday weekend.  We wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving, and hope you know that we are all behind you.  This is also extended to our friends and Allies and their families.

A special wish for peace in the hearts of those who have lost loved ones recently.  :salute:

To all members of the CF family, whether serving members, retired, civilian employee's, the families, Happy Thanksgiving Day to one and all.

:cdn:

A  Happy Thanksgiving Day to you Mud Recce Man.
(And I wish the same)
To all members of the CF family, whether serving members, retired, civilian employee's, the families, Happy Thanksgiving Day to one and all.

:)

I just hope our troops are safe...and as happy as they can be.

Mud Recce Man said:
Hi all,

I thought I would take a minute to wish everyone, where ever they may be, a Happy Thanksgiving Day.

From HLs and myself, a special wish to all our veterans, all soldiers, sailors, airmen and airwomen serving Canada overseas or on a deployment somewhere that takes then away from the people special to them on this holiday weekend.  We wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving, and hope you know that we are all behind you.  This is also extended to our friends and Allies and their families.

A special wish for peace in the hearts of those who have lost loved ones recently.  :salute:

+1

Imbeault said:
Hurray for turkey day!
Gobble Gobble

:rofl:

Ok I am REALLY tired now...and when I read that it was with a "Bubbles" voice...

haha Happy Thanksgiving Mud an to HLs too. I'm glad you got some time together.
I hope the troops are all safe too....God bless them all...and all in training too ;)

IN HOC SIGNO said:
haha Happy Thanksgiving Mud an to HLs too. I'm glad you got some time together.
I hope the troops are all safe too....God bless them all...and all in training too ;)

+1 sir

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

:cheers:

Somebody pass the Terducken...

Global TV is allowing people to send send video greetings to the troops at...

http://www.nimbletv.com/ursay/

To All The Great People at Army.ca  and to all the troops far from home.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING  May you all be safe no matter where you are.

Thanks MRM and HL.

Meanwhile here in Baghdad, the ever present meatloaf was one of the mains for dinner tonight. I settled for spicy sausages and local bread, washed down with a 330ml can of orange Fanta.

I will never EVER touch meatloaf again, period!

I did not even realise today was Thanksgiving Day until now, so to others in this ongoing war against terrorism, no matter if its on the home
front, or in theatre, each one of us has a job which is important.

Have a heap of turkey and the rest of it for me.

Regards from Camp Al Tawheed in Baghdad,

Wes

Happy Turkey Day. Although we in the US have to wait another month. :mad:

tomahawk6 said:
Happy Turkey Day. Although we in the US have to wait another month. :mad:

Well if you guys didn't delay the celebration because you had a bunch of pilgrims chasing turkeys around the rocks in Plymouth, you could have celebrated the same time as us. We on the other hand celebrate it because we are giving thanks to George VII when he was the Prince of Wales and was severely ill. He got better because of us. See, simple  ;D

Happy thanksgiving everyone and also to all those serving our country. :cdn: :salute: :cdn:
Now get back to the a certain little turkey... here turkey, turkey, turkey..... here turkey, turkey, turkey........
:soldier:

I realize I'm necro-posting. Moderators, please move if required.

(It seemed, to me, appropriate to keep an historic context to this thread.)

Thank you to all forum members for keeping me so well-informed over the past few years that I've been here--I'm truly grateful; have learned a lot and have had some good laughs too!

I've been thinking about all of the deployed troops and their families and how difficult it must be for some to be away from Canada during the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend.

I am:

~Truly grateful for all that the Canadian Forces do for Canada--regardless of whether you are working in Canada or posted away!
~Hoping that the finest, freshest foods and spirits grace your tables on Thanksgiving!
~Wondering what the cooks have on the agenda for those in Afghanistan-- nothing but the finest will do!!
~Hoping  you are all able to enjoy some well-deserved R&R.
~Wishing for the safe, eventual return of all Canadian Forces personnel deployed on dangerous missions--and thinking especially of the troops in Afghanistan ...

:cdn: :yellow: :cdn:

leroi said:
I am:

~Truly grateful for all that the Canadian Forces do for Canada--regardless of whether you are working in Canada or posted away!
~Hoping that the finest, freshest foods and spirits grace your tables on Thanksgiving!
~Wondering what the cooks have on the agenda for those in Afghanistan-- nothing but the finest will do!!
~Hoping  you are all able to enjoy some well-deserved R&R.
~Wishing for the safe, eventual return of all Canadian Forces personnel deployed on dangerous missions--and thinking especially of the troops in Afghanistan ...

:cdn: :yellow: :cdn:

Hear, hear!!! 

I am also thankful for:  family, friends, health, employment and freedom!

Have a good weekend!!

To All The Great People at Army.ca  and to all the troops far from home.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING  May you all be safe no matter where you are.

And... may God Bless you and keep you safe!!!  :cdn:

cheers,
gunshy :yellow:

Back