• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Happy Paddys Day!!!!

St. Patrick's Day causing Catholic dilemma

That famous saint named Patrick will have his green-drenched party this year, but it's unclear when the guests are supposed to arrive.

For the first time since 1940, St. Patrick's Day will fall during Holy Week, the sacred seven days preceding Easter.

Because of the overlap, liturgical rules dictate that no Mass in honor of the saint can be celebrated on Monday, March 17, according to the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops.

But a few Roman Catholic leaders are asking for even more moderation in their dioceses: They want parades and other festivities kept out of Holy Week as well.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/wayoflife/02/20/catholic.conflict.ap/

Irish bishops move St. Patrick's Day 2008 over conflict with Holy Week

Dublin, Jul 19, 2007 / 10:42 am (CNA).- Religions celebrations for St. Patrick's Day will come two days early in Ireland next year to avoid a conflict with Holy Week.

St. Patrick's Day is usually celebrated March 17, but Ireland's bishops have shifted the feast day, in honor of the national saint, to Saturday, March 15, reported The Associated Press.

Church authorities reportedly spent weeks debating where to move the feast day because March 17, 2008, falls on the second day of Holy Week next year.

The liturgical norms would require the feast day to be moved to the earliest available date after Easter, which would be April 1. But church officials said the Vatican approved the March 15 date in order to minimize conflict with the scheduled civic events.

While religious celebrations honoring St. Patrick are affected, religious and secular authorities stressed this would not change secular festivities. The St. Patrick's Festival Committee in Dublin confirmed that next year's parade would be March 17 as usual. In addition, Monday, March 17, will remain an official day off of work in Ireland.

This marks the first time the date has been changed since 1940. The next conflict with Holy Week is not expected until 2160.

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/new.php?n=9917

For Christmas he had a Santa hat. Now that St.Patties day has come, I've given the Scream in my avatar a leprechaun hat.  ;D

Midget

SP-00034-C~St-Patrick-s-Day-Green-Beer-Posters.jpg

Happy P Day! Working at 5:00am so, I'm home early. ;D :cheers:

Now this is the kind of Car Bomb I could get used to. Slainte...

Original Irish Carbomb 1979 recipe
This incredibly tasty drink was invented in 1979 as a follow up to the shot which I created in 1977 on St. Patrick's Day.

NOTE: Before you start; understand that this was a carefully thought out "Cocktail", a Recipe!!! To you naysayers on the Kahlua because it is not Irish.. remember a Margarita has Triple sec and it is French. The Carbomb is a recipe.

Originally the shot was called a Grandfather- 1/2 oz. give or take of Baileys and 1/4 oz.or so of Kahlua The name Grandfather lasted through the first hour of its life and many, many toasts to our grandfathers were made.

I put it together for my brothers who were visiting my pub, Wilson's Saloon, 76 Franklin St. Norwich, Ct. Est. 1886, that St. Patrick’s Day afternoon.

Being St. Patrick’s Day heavy toasting was in order. However, after consuming a few "Grandfathers" along with Pints of Guinness, the true drink of “The Day”; we all realized something was missing. The taste was incredible!!! (Kahlua was key to this) but, couldn't quite get the buzz going. I knew immediately what it was, and with a laugh at our stupidity, I yelled for a bottle of Jameson.....

http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink1c6d389.html

Hope everyone so inclined had a good Institutional Binge Drinking  St Fatprick's  Paddy's day, and got home safe and sound.

Heard a great joke.

What is 2 miles long, green and has a**holes every 3 feet?

A saint paddys day parade.

FD
Agreed, and a complete and utter waste of time and good beer +1 :rofl:

Back